There is one position available on an indeterminate basis. This competitive staffing process may be used to create an eligibility list of qualified candidates for this or a similar position with various tenures, including indeterminate, term, assignment/transfer, and/or acting opportunities at the Consulate General of Canada in New York and the Permanent Mission of Canada to the United Nations, which might arise in the 12 months following the completion of this competition.
The Common Service Administrative Assistant (LE-05) provides daily administrative support and services; provides and creates information and/or documentation; provides support for ongoing program activities; responds to service requests from clientele and performs other duties as required.
Candidates must demonstrate clearly in their letter, how they meet the Language, Education and Experience qualifications listed below to be screened into the competition.
Fluency in English (both oral and written).
Associate’s degree (i.e. completion of 2 yrs. of College).
• Minimum 2 years of recent* corporate or government experience within a team environment providing services to clients in an administrative support or assistant capacity.
• Recent experience* in accounts payable, accounts receivable and/or general accounting;
• Experience and proficiency with/in Microsoft Office Suite, i.e., Excel, Word, Outlook and;
• Experience using financial management systems
*Recent experience is defined as within the last 3 years.
Preference may be given to candidates who have the following asset qualifications:
• Fluency in French (both oral and written).
• Degree or courses in the field of accounting or finance.
Once candidates are screened in based on the above Education and Experience requirements, they will be assessed on the following qualifications. The assessment may be a written test, an interview, an in-basket exercise, and/or a skills test.
• Knowledge of administrative processes and procedures;
• Basic knowledge of accounting/financial terms, concepts and procedures
• Knowledge of analysis of claims using corporate policies and providing guidance
• Knowledge and proficiency in computer software, including Microsoft Office Suite, e.g., Word, Excel and Outlook;
• Provide excellent client service in person, by telephone, and through written correspondence;
• Research, analyse, and evaluate information effectively;
• Manage multiple competing demands, organize time, and work effectively to meet deadlines;
• Ability to maintain spreadsheets and to work with financial payments and data analysis.
• Proven team player;
• Strong analytical skills;
• Adaptability and flexibility;
• Client focused;
• Effective interactive communication;
• Sound judgement; and
• Integrity reflective of department standards of values and ethics and privacy protection.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org