Animals Asia — a global non-profit animal welfare organization with headquarters in Hong Kong, sanctuaries in Vietnam and China, and offices in the UK, Europe, USA, China, Vietnam and Australia — is seeking a freelance Senior Content Manager to join its busy Global Communications team for a minimum of 20-30 hours per week. The successful candidate may have an opportunity to assume this position on a full-time, permanent basis.
This position will primarily be responsible for creating a steady stream of content for the organization’s website and social media channels.
Tasks will include:
• Liaising with key stakeholders within each program department to identify and determine newsworthy content to feature.
• Creating a constant (daily) stream of content to be featured on the NGO’s website and social media channels including written stories, videos, promotions and graphics/memes.
• Maintaining a content calendar of current stories and videos in progress as well as upcoming stories, videos and story ideas.
• Post stories to website including translations as required.
• Post stories and/or videos to main social media pages including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube. Respond to questions/comments as needed.
• Help supervise the Global Comms Coordinator in their primary duties of sharing stories, editing, reporting, maintaining files/archives, receiving and forwarding media requests.
• Help service media with video clips as requested.
• Work with Global Comms Coordinator and Head of Global Comms on Vietnam time promoting live animal rescues on social media and Wakelet. Work with team at sanctuaries to livestream rescues and bring to successful conclusion.
• Monitor social media performance and stats, benchmarked against competitors.
• Seasoned, journalistic-style writer and editor accustomed to working at a fast pace.
• Familiar with AP Style and British spelling and grammar; able to adhere to org style guide.
• Creative thinker, problem solver, good organization skills.
• Pleasant, easy-going work style.
• Familiarity with social media.
• Willing to work off-hours on occasion (during rescues).
• Experience with Google Suite, Photoshop (memes), iMovie or Premier Pro (basic video editing), basic knowledge of HTML (backend website work).
• Independent, self-starter accustomed to working alone and/or as part of a small team.
Knowledge of animal issues a plus.
Competitive rates. Excellent benefits if hired full-time including four weeks of annual leave. Remote-based role preferably located in US, UK or Hong Kong. All interested parties should send a cover letter and resume. Position will be open until filled.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org