WSF is seeking an event, communication and advocacy intern to support the organisation’s ongoing campaigns and event calendar.
This is an internship with expected duration of 6 months. Ideally the successful candidate would start on 15th September 2019.
- Drafting articles, managing social media activities, contact databases and mailing lists and disseminating briefings, reports, leaflets and other communication products;
- Support in the production of multimedia and website content development and maintenance;
- Logistic coordination, liaising with speakers, handling participants’ registrations, developing communication products for the event and follow-up of the event, e.g. producing meeting reports and related publications;
- Provide administrative support where needed.
- Research human rights issues, draft policy papers and advocacy letters;
- Attend and report on events, briefings, and other relevant meetings with international and national actors;
Qualification and experience
- A university degree in communication, politics or other relevant fields;
- Good analytical, writing and communications skills in English and French;
- Experience with social media;
- Good IT skills;
- Previous intern or volunteering experience with campaigning or organisation of events is an asset;
- Good knowledge of the functioning of EU institutions and human rights.
- Excellent communicator;
- Strong networker;
- Strong organisational ability;
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org