The Programme manager will be responsible for managing the implementation of one or several donor contracts within AgriCord’s Farmers Fighting Poverty programme. S/he manages the funding contract cycle, consolidates the results reporting, steersthe first internal control level of financial reporting and contributes , to knowledge management and visibility activities, as well as internal and external communication.
The Programme manager reports to the CEO and works closely together with the financial manager. Her/his most important tasks are:
Ensure funding contract cycle management at donor and agri-agency level
Contract at donor level
- support for the preparation of donor contracts, including gathering and consolidating information from the agri-agencies;
- first point of contact for the donor, assuring a fluid and continuous communication;
- representing AgriCord in relevant joint committees;
- track results of the programme implementation and prepare the narrative reporting;
- plan and manage programme evaluations and knowledge management and capitalization activities.
Contract implementation at agri-agency level
- communicate program allocations to the AA’s,organize calls for proposals to AA’s and facilitate the selection process;
- communicate donor requirements to all implementing organizations in an effective manner, including designing and carrying out induction workshops and drafting programme manuals;
- proactive results based management of programme implementation;
- set-up and assure quality of reporting by agri-agencies on progress of projects, including coordination ofthe data collection and consolidation;
- improve the compliance with the donor specific financial requirements by the AA’s in close cooperation with the financial team;
- regular supervision missions to the field.
Facilitate cooperation between implementing organizations
- promote dialogue and cooperation between agri-agencies and farmers’ organizations in developing countries;
- follow up and promote cross cutting concerns in the programme implementation;
- stimulate quality services and innovation;
- increase visibility of the programme.
At AgriCord network level
- encourage Farmer to Farmer approach by promoting the expertise of network members and partners;
- maintain contacts and cooperation with all relevant stakeholders;
- support the preparation of meetings of AgriCord alliance committees, governance and other advisory bodies as well as alliance level monitoring and evaluations.
- Minimum Master’s degree;
- Minimum 5 years of proven experience in program management involving several implementing organizations and minimum budget of 4 million euro;
- Experience of at least 3 years with facilitation of organizational change processes;
- Proven stakeholder management skills;
- Strong and proven communication skills and diplomacy;
- Ability to work in an international team. Ready to travel overseas for at least 4 times a year;
- Independent, flexible worker with high level of stress tolerance. Strong organisational skills;
- Experience with data systems and data analysis will be considered a plus;
- Fluency in s English and French. Working knowledge of Dutch is a plus;
- Knowledge of financial program management is a plus;
- Familiarity with the organised farmers’ world in developing countries, as well as knowledge of inclusiveness and/or rural development and/or environmental issues related to agriculture are considered as a plus.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org