The post holder will be responsible for all aspects of project management and the successful implementation of the project in cooperation with Program Department. (S)he will provide broad administrative, programmatic and financial support to the project, including direct assistance to the implementation and close monitoring and evaluation of the undertaken initiatives. Under the guidance of the Director of Program, the successful candidate will be able to multitask, perform vigorous follow up and get directly involved in the implementation of different activities related to the beneficiaries of the integration project.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function with or without reasonable accommodation. The tasks listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
- Work closely with the Country Director, senior management team and field teams to determine the operational needs of the program within the scope of the grants;
- Maintain and update monitoring and evaluation plans;
- Analyze data gathered and propose alternative strategies of program implementation;
- Conduct assessments to identify needs and opportunities for new programming;
- Initiate processes for developing concept notes and project proposals and follow through their finalization in collaboration with relevant personnel and departments;
- Work with field teams and logistics to procure program supplies in a timely manner and within program budgets;
- Regularly update Country Director on progression of programs as per protocol;
- Compile program and donor reports and assists with development of future programs as needed;
- Liaise closely with local authorities, donor and partner agencies to ensure program compliance with donor policies and regulations and complementary with other agencies' efforts;
- Maintain flexibility to take on added responsibility as and when needed.
- Attend coordination meetings relevant to country programs;
- Represent the organization at task force meetings, assessment missions, camp coordination meetings, UN coordination meetings, INGO coordination meetings as appropriate;
- Ensure maximum visibility of the agency amongst the NGO community;
- Contribute to the creation of a positive image and overall credibility of the organization, notably through the application of the organizations Code of Conduct, ethics, values and stand-point with regard to internal and external actors.
Human Resources Management
- Assist in the selection and training of qualified program staff and recommend promotions, disciplinary action and termination of staff in consultation with the Country Director and HR Manager;
- Supervise staff to ensure high quality performance and team spirit;
- Ensure compliance to local labor laws including working hours;
- Maintain open lines of communications with all field staff and service departments.
- Determine training needs for subordinate staff;
- Train senior national staff to build capacity and enable them undertaking greater responsibilities and thus ensure sustainability of programs;
- Advocate and plan for professional development for expat and national staff.
- Maintain punctual communication with Country Director to ensure program activities and objectives are well-informed;
- Coordinate with the Medical Director on all technical issues to ensure program implementation, procurement of program inputs and all training curriculum meets high technical standard;
- Work with Country Director and Logistics staff to ensure the coordination of timely delivery of programs supplies and expenses are within budgeted limits;
- Attend coordination meetings which are relevant to country activities;
- Interface with national government and relevant agencies as necessary.
- Collaborate with CD, DCD and Security Manager in order to ensure staff and reputation of the organization are safe and secure at all time;
- Ensures application and compliance of security protocols and policies.
- Maintain close contact with the Field Site Managers to be fully aware of their needs for support and coordinate within the country office to make those support available;
- Visit the field sites frequently to know the working environment, needs and priorities first-hand and provide guidance to the Field Site Managers to overcome operational challenges;
- Guide the Field Site Managers in cultivating positive working relationship with the local counterparts at the State and County levels.
Code of Conduct
It is our shared responsibility and obligation to prevent matters involving Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Trafficking in Persons, Child Safeguarding and any suggested violation to our Code of Conduct, which may involve Conflicts of Interest, Fraud, Corruption or Harassment. If you see, hear or are made aware of any suggested activities then you have an obligation to report.
- Master’s degree in Public Health, International Development and/or in a relevant field of study. A combination of long work experiences and Graduate degree may also be considered;
- Creative and sophisticated writing skills in English is pre-requisite for success in this job.
- Minimum five years’ experience in program design and evaluation, of which at least three years in developing countries or resource deprived environment;
- Experience of staff supervision in multiple locations including remote management of projects;
- Knowledge of Libya or other Arabic countries.
- Familiarity with international humanitarian operations, coordination structures, and the mandates of donors, UN agencies, and NGOs;
- Ability to live and work under precarious environment;
- Complete familiarity with Project Cycle Management;
- Knowledge and experiences of budget preparation and management;
- Profound cross-cultural awareness and insight into health care issues;
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently following consultative processes;
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations and frustrations;
- Ability to relate to and motivate local staff effectively;
- Demonstrated abilities to deal with difficult program counterparts;
- Team player and strong communication skills, both oral and written;
- Proficient in computer applications, especially with MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org