The FCO has outsourced the management of all its UK buildings, and some overseas properties, to specialist facilities management (FM) companies. These companies are responsible for providing services to staff, which includes catering, cleaning, pest control, heating & lighting, office moves and porterage. At Posts they also supply reception services, manage residential property and, in some locations, provide security guarding. They are also tasked with ensuring that we comply with health & safety requirements.
The FCO's Facilities Management Client Unit (FMCU) manages the outsourced contracts and acts as the interface between the private FM companies and the FCO as well as responsible for holding the budget for Global Maintenance Investment Funds at Posts without an FM Service provider.
Based in Brussels the Facilities Contract Manager will provide customer account management for Brussels and some additional sites across Europe. Accountability and ownership of the service performance and facilities expenditure within this region is essential, along with building effective customer relationships. The Regional Contract Manager (RCM) will enable and proactively manage and support the day-to-day delivery of effective Facilities Management services in accordance with agreed contract terms. The role will also ensure that services are delivered to the required contract standards and within agreed budgets.
- Main responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing legal compliance with the Service Provider and Post to maintain a safe and compliant environment in our offices and staff accommodation. Working alongside the overseas lead for risk.
- Developing and maintaining productive relationships with the Posts within your region, with the customers/building users/FCO directorates & departments and representatives of the FM supplier, ensuring customer expectations are properly managed.
- Ensuring that the needs of all stakeholders are identified, communicated and acted upon as appropriate, in line with correct processes and protocols.
- Providing clarity and guidance on contractual matters as they arise, ensuring a consistent approach is being taken across the region.
- Participate in performance monitoring including providing input and taking part in the Service Level Governance meetings as required.
- Act as the Client for all Forward maintenance Register projects, managing the delivery from budgeting to operational.
- Budget management, review quotations submitted by Service Provider, ensuring that works are delivered in accordance with pricing model.
- Maintaining regular contact with other regional RCMs and service provider staff and team leads to ensure uniformity of service provision and assistance in operational management.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience:
- A comprehensive understanding of the FM market, including contract management and technical facilities, ideally with exposure to international facilities management;
- Health & Safety legislation knowledge;
- Strong communication and customer engagement;
- Supplier management skills;
- Good negotiating and influencing skills;
- Good financial literacy and profit/loss reporting experience;
- Proficient English (written and oral);
- Ability to evidence capability against the FCO core competencies for this position, namely: Delivering Results; Problem Solving and Judgement; Customer Focus and Communicating and Influencing.
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- Professional qualifications or equivalent in a Property/FM or engineering related subject, and membership of a property/FM related professional body.
- Knowledge of and ability to communicate in one or more of the languages used within the region.
- Good knowledge of EU or regional procurement regulations.
- Proficient in French (written and oral);
Seeing the Big Picture, Making Effective Decisions, Leading and Communicating, Collaborating and Partnering, Delivering Value for Money, Managing a Quality Service
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org