Amazon Global Security Operation’s Global Intelligence Program is seeking an Intelligence Analyst who is self-motivated, highly organized, is comfortable speaking with all audiences, has a drive for high quality, can think critically under tight deadlines and is passionate about the mission of the GIP program - to provide excellent support to worldwide operation’s customers using intelligence analysis. The Intelligence Analyst role will support Amazon’s operational customers and leadership through providing 24x7 by 365 geopolitical analysis and contextualization of potential impact to Amazon’s operations.
· Support all Intelligence Analyst shift rotations (day/night and rotating schedule) as required in a 24X7 work environment, providing top notch and error free intelligence monitoring and impact assessments in sometimes short timelines.
· Monitor geopolitical events around the world that could impact Amazon’s global operations network; and identify, triage, and quickly and accurately disseminate various notifications and products to Amazon decision-makers and customers.
· Support a cross functional team in participating in full spectrum risk analysis and threat assessment application and communication.
· Operate independently and make decisions and impact analysis with autonomy leveraging sound analytical methodology and techniques as well as demonstrating strong editing skills.
· Act as the GIP lead/liaison for crisis management support as a subject matter expert; assisting with event escalation and support to World Wide Operations-level leadership.
· Implement and support GIP and GSO operating procedures and best practices to drive business goals and objectives.
· Participate in training and exercises to ensure GIP team proficiency; conducting after action reviews to identify lessons learned and best practices.
· Experience with analytics and/or project management processes and/or data aggregation software.
· Exposure to and/or experience with some level of analytical methodology and techniques.
· Experience working with risk intelligence, incident response, large data analytics software.
· Demonstrated strong critical thinking and writing skills with abilities to communicate complex ideas and analysis in a brief, accurate, and customer obsessed way. Writing sample is required.
· Experience with briefing large audiences of various backgrounds and/or crisis response teams.
· Experience with customer facing service and providing excellent and patient assistance while under tight deadlines.
· Experienced critical thinking practitioner able to justify decisions with supporting analytical standards and methodologies.
· Previous experience in Intelligence analysis and or watch officer skill set in the intelligence community, the military, law enforcement, or a related global security role in the private sector.
· Formal education in the following disciplines: Political Science, Criminal Justice, Fire Science, Public Administration, Security Studies, Strategic Intelligence, International Affairs, International Business, Information Security, Journalism, or Emergency Management.
· Fluency (written and spoken) of a second language such as Hindi, Tagalog, Spanish, Arabic, French, Mandarin, Korean, Japanese or Brazilian Portuguese highly desired.
· Experience with or educational exposure to computer science skills and a strong technical tools acumen to include but not limited to coding, programing, design, cyber forensics, cyber security, open source research, etc.
· Exposure and experience with different cultures and country norms.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org