The Academic Exchange Team seeks one candidate for a fall internship to assist the World Learning Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (Global UGRAD) and the Capacity Building Program for U.S. Study Abroad (CBPSA) teams in project implementation. The Program Intern may assist in performing research, arranging logistics and administrative aspects of programs, filing, data entry, assembling orientation packets, creating Program newsletters, and providing general Program support. Occasional non-traditional work hours should be expected. This is an exciting opportunity for candidates who wish to gain experience in the field of international education, exchange, and development.
On behalf of the U.S. Department of State, World Learning administers scholarship programs for sponsored international undergraduate students. World Learning facilitates these students’ programs by handling some or all of the following: needs assessment; student recruitment and selection; placement at host colleges/universities; orientation; monitoring and evaluation; logistics; and follow-on.
- Provide administrative support to Program teams
- Assist with the preparation of publicity documents, brochures, newsletter, etc.
- Assist in the oversight of social network websites
- Assist in the coordination of academic program and participant evaluations
- Maintain participants’ files
- Complete participants’ tax forms
- Assemble Program orientation packets
- Data entry
- Interest in international affairs/education/development
- Proven strong written and oral communication skills in English
- Experience living, studying, and/or working abroad
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proficient Word, Excel, and Publisher computer skills
- Strong multi-tasking and time-management skills
- Fosters diverse, equitable and inclusive practices and challenges practices which may be exclusionary.
- Effectively copes with change; able to shift comfortably; decides and acts without having the total picture; comfortably handles risk and uncertainty. Demonstrates the ability to function in unstructured work environments and/or uncertain conditions.
- A curiosity about World Learning as a whole, with the aim of being able to effectively represent the organization to external audiences commensurate with the position
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org