CAMRIS International is an international development and research firm that addresses development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. We apply a customized, customer-centric, cost-effective business approach to offer greater value to our clients and challenge the way things have always been done in our field.
CAMRIS clients include U.S. government agencies and multilateral and private organizations. Our core practice areas include monitoring, evaluation and learning, public health, agriculture and food security, economic development, education, environment, humanitarian assistance, democracy and governance, and medical research.
CAMRIS seeks a highly motivated, flexible, energetic, organized, and detail-oriented Proposal Associate to join our team. The Proposal Associate will work with internal and external teams to support CAMRIS’ responses to solicitations from the US Government and other donors.
Essential functions, duties, responsibilities include:
- Analyze requests for proposals (RFPs), requests for applications (RFAs), sources sought notices and requests for information (RFIs) and outlines and organizes proposal/submittal to be responsive to client requirements, including content, format, forms and other information.
- Develop materials for proposal kickoff meetings that include the project manager and other technical/business development personnel, prepares proposal preparation schedule and coordinates writing assignments.
- Manage consultants and partners to ensure adherence to internal and external timelines and submission of proposal deliverables.
- Compile and create documents for proposals, quotes, and other responses, ensuring response is compliant and compelling while meeting all client requirements. This involves conducting search for appropriate materials, such as related project descriptions and resumes of project personnel.
- Write, revise, and edit drafts of supporting materials, including executive summaries, conclusions, management approach and staffing plan, capacity statements, past performance references and personnel resumes.
- Proofread and edit proposal text written by project manager and technical subject matter experts (SMEs) for compliance, clarity, proper grammar, spelling and style.
- Support budget development and assemble cost proposals, ensuring alignment with the technical approach.
- Perform desktop publishing for proposals in MS Word to ensure proposal documents are properly formatted, easy to read and visually appealing.
- Coordinate with graphic designers to ensure that any required graphic arts materials, such as covers, layout sheets, photographs, organization charts, etc., are produced to specifications and are ready to be included in the submittal. Reviews and proofreads these materials.
- Follow through with production of submittals, including printing, collating, binding and packaging
- Track proposal progress by working with technical teams to develop proposal timelines and set appropriate meetings.
- Track upcoming opportunities and conduct industry and market research and analysis.
- Write and submit Expressions of Interest, responses to Requests for Information, and capability statements.
- Assist with additional submissions, such as forms and registrations/renewals to keep company information, contracts and statuses up to date.
- Conduct regular compilation and analysis of lessons learned to ensure development of, and adherence to, internal business development best practices and processes.
- Expand upon and maintain a repository of proposal templates, boilerplate language, and updated past performance information.
- Improve upon and maintain internal organizational tools and ensure proposal document management.
- Work with the program management team in developing partnerships with specialty and overseas firms to pursue new opportunities.
- A bachelor's in international affairs, international development, or related field.
- 2-4 years of experience in proposal writing and/or coordination, preferably with experience in federal government proposal writing and/or contracting.
- Excellent researching, reading and analytical thinking skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with writing government proposals preferred.
- Ability to support and manage multiple concurrent proposals with shifting priorities in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work with a variety of colleagues with varying levels of proposal experience
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org