Outreach Coordinator, Open Society European Policy Institute. Brussels. Posting Date: 09/02/2019. Deadline: 09/30/2019
Who we are
The Open Society European Policy Institute (OSEPI) works to influence and inform decision-making on EU laws, policy and funding to ensure that open society values lie at the heart of what the EU does, both inside and outside its borders. OSEPI is part of the Open Society Foundations and is based in Brussels. OSEPI enriches EU policy debates by offering evidence, analysis and recommendations drawn from the work of the Open Society Foundations in more than 100 countries.
OSEPI is looking for an Outreach Coordinator, starting as soon as possible. The successful candidate will join a small and fast-paced office. He/she will work under the supervision of OSEPI's Head of Partnerships, Research and Outreach and will manage an events assistant, who is responsible for the logistical support for all OSEPI events. He/she will collaborate closely with all OSEPI teams (policy, administration, research) and OSF's Office for Communications to coordinate and extend OSEPI's outreach to policy audiences in Brussels and other capitals, and manage OSEPI's publications process.
Tasks will include:
Outreach and internal communications
• With support from the events assistant, plan and execute all OSEPI events.
• Under the supervision of the deputy director, contribute to shape OSEPI's outreach strategy by finding new opportunities for OSEPI to engage with a wide variety of stakeholders, such as cultural institutes and debates platforms.
• Assess new targets for OSEPI outreach and help team members to increase their reach in policy circles.
• Draft OSF website content and liaise with OSF communications on website updates.
• Manage and develop OSEPI's social media profile in close collaboration with the OSEPI team and OSF's Office of Communications (based in London and NY).
• Organise internal communications with other OSF entities, including updates to OSF's intranet and distribution of updates and briefings to the OSF network (weekly and quarterly reporting).
• Assist OSEPI leadership in disseminating OSEPI products to senior management and board members.
• Design OSEPI's publications process and work closely with the deputy director to coordinate the publication of OSEPI's research.
• Ensure consistent format of publications and organise the printing and dissemination of publications when required.
• Oversee the editing of publications, liaise with editors and manage contracts with editors (drafting of terms of reference).
• Track OSEPI's publications and other outputs of OSEPI's analysts.
• 5-7 years of prior work experience, preferably in similar roles (outreach, communications, and events management) in the EU policy sphere.
• Fluent spoken and written English; knowledge of other EU languages (particularly French or Dutch) is an asset.
• Excellent writing skills with the ability to summaries complex policy or academic issues for broader audiences.
• Excellent knowledge and experience of MS Office applications and operating systems. Knowledge of/interest in programs such as Illustrator, InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, audio and video editing software is an asset.
• Flexibility to engage in high-level planning and strategy and hands-on organization and events support when needed.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills, strong attention to detail and the ability to work flexible working hours and support evening events from time to time.
• Interest in and support for OSEPI's mission.
Competitive rates of pay apply.
We are strengthened by the diversity of our colleagues across the Open Society Foundations. We welcome applications from people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences, and are committed to providing reasonable adjustments so that colleagues with disabilities are able to fulfill the essential functions of the job.