The Berghof Foundation is an independent, non-governmental and non-profit organisation that supports efforts to prevent political and social violence, and to achieve sustainable peace through conflict transformation. While we consider conflict to be an integral part of political and social life, we believe that violence in conflict is not inevitable. We are convinced that protracted violent conflicts can be transformed into sustained collaboration, when spaces for conflict transformation allow drivers of change to prosper and constructively engage with one another.
For our Latin America Programme we are looking for a Project Manager (m/f/div) specializing in Local Dialogue Processes. This position will be based in Berlin with frequent travels to Nicaragua.
Your main tasks:
- Support project activities from headquarters, with very frequent travel and activities in Nicaragua;
- Co-design and implement conflict transformation processes;
- Contribute expertise on local multi-stakeholder dialogue and culture of peace;
- Facilitation of dialogue events and processes;
- Provide conceptual and methodological, as well as administrative and logistical support to the team and partners.
- MA degree in a relevant field, such as Peace and Conflict Studies, Political Science or International Relations;
- Advanced relevant work experience in projects or processes with local communities and with thematic focus on dialogue and culture of peace;
- Proven experience in dialogue facilitation;
- Excellent verbal and written language skills in Spanish and English;
- Experience in Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook;
- Regional experience in Latin America, preferred in Central American region.
Your additional skills:
- Strong ability to work as part of a team as well as independently;
- Strong empathetic and intercultural skills;
- Ability to work under time-pressure;
- Passion and perseverance.
What you can expect from us:
- Highly experienced and engaged community of internationals;
- Transparent financial conditions;
- If needed advise regarding visa matters and travel conditions;
- Strong teamwork;
- Trust-based working hours;
- Flexibility regarding office vs. mobile working solutions;
- Agile mindset.
The contract duration of the 70% part-time position (28 hrs./week) is limited at least until June 30, 2020 (further extension depending on the availability of project funds).
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org