TechnoServe’s East Africa Regional Team, based in Washington, DC and Nairobi, Kenya is successfully implementing a robust portfolio of single and multi-country programs in Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, and DRC. The team is currently seeking a dedicated program development professional to build upon the existing portfolio and support the development of new business opportunities in the region.
The Program Development Manager is a central part of the regional PD team and will play a key role in helping to expand the organization’s businesses solutions to poverty. In collaboration with a global Program Development team, the Manager will work closely with the East Africa Senior Program Development Manager and the region’s Country Directors. S/he will be a dynamic participant in all aspects of program development, gaining exposure to economic development and sustainable business models across the organization’s footprint in the region. S/he will:
- Execute all aspects of proposal development, including coordinating and managing complex proposal efforts with dispersed proposal team members, drafting and editing technical proposals, drafting staffing and management sections, customizing past performance references, and strengthening candidate CVs.
- Write short proposals, or concept notes, and budgetsfor non-competitive opportunities. Create evidence-based program design, including conducting industry strategic scans and drafting illustrative business models across a variety of value chains.
- Provide support in identifying new business opportunities, contributing to funder intelligence-gathering efforts to develop a strong pipeline with priority funders in prioritized countries.
- Research funders and partners in support of the capture process and conduct desk and field research as required to support program development.
- Cultivate and manage relationships with partner organizations, including public funders and private sector companies.
- Support knowledge management by synthesizing TechnoServe’s work in qualification statements for core sectors and regions, and capturing donor knowledge and interactions on CRM system.
- Engage with internal TechnoServe practice groups promoting best practices and technical excellence throughout the organization.
- Recruit consultants to support program development and key personnel for proposals.
- Review and sometimes develop cost proposals in coordination with the Grants and Contracts team.
- Provide administrative support where needed, including managing updates to opportunity tracker.
Required Skills & Experience:
- BA, AB or BS in business administration, economics, marketing or related discipline, required
- Masters in Business, Agriculture, Economics, International Development or related fields preferred, but not required
- Proven track record in successful business and program development design; Experience in designing, developing, researching and authoring quality and winning proposals
- 1-2 years of experience with a Master’s Degree or 3-5 years of experience with a Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in East Africa, economic development, agriculture, agribusiness, women, SME-development, market systems, preferred
- Experience living and working in multi-cultural environments abroad, East Africa preferred
- The incumbent must sit for an extended number of hours throughout the day using a computer, talking by telephone or Skype and meeting with others.
- This person must occasionally lift items which weigh up to 20 lbs. and must be capable of lifting and pulling their luggage when traveling.
- Other requirements include climbing stairs, walking and bending.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org