The adviser will work in close cooperation with the director EU Affairs. The main tasks will be:
- Furthering the interests of the Dutch retail industry in Brussels in relation to the European institutions and other stakeholders;
- Advising the steering group Europe of the Dutch Retail Association on important developments for the retail sector at European level;
- Updating the members of the Dutch Retail Association on relevant developments via timely and concise reporting participating in working groups of EuroCommerce, the European retail association of which the Dutch retail association is an active member;
- Working on specific projects including research;
- Preparing meetings, drafting minutes and other operational duties as required.
- University level degree or equivalent;
- Knowledge of European institutions and their work procedures;
- Experience in public affairs in Brussels, for example as assistant of a Member of the European Parliament, a representative of a company or association or as staff member of a consultancy firm;
- High level of organisational skills, ability to work simultaneously on multiple issues;
- Analytical and conceptual, able to digest large amounts of information and capture the essence;
- Self-propelling and initiating character;
- Good communicator;
- Dutch mother tongue. Good command (oral and written) of English. Other languages (especially French and German) would be considered a plus;
- Knowledge of European consumer, (digital) internal market, environmental, VAT and food policy would also be a strong asset.
The adviser will both work in Brussels (most of the time) and the Netherlands. The contract is preferably a Dutch contract.
Please accompany applications by a cover letter and a CV. These are to be sent to:
Hester Duursema, director
E: [email protected]
Deadline for application is 1st of October 2019.
All applicants will be contacted, but only those who are shortlisted will be invited for an interview.
For more information:
Director, Detailhandel Nederland
+31 (0)70 – 320 23 45
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org