Blumont is seeking to identify and collaborate with Chiefs of Party (CoP) for future and current work Globally. Blumont builds on two decades of proven experience to forge and enhanced development capability that is more locally focused, highly trained and empowered with advanced technology, tools and information resources to implement the most effective programs. We bridge the ideas of donors to the desires of communities and design optimal, sustainable solutions. We are unwavering in our commitment to business integrity, technical excellence, and maintain the trust of donors who support us and the program participants we empower. Blumont is advancing development when and where it matters most.
Our work builds on success over the last 20 years in more than 40 countries, and includes extensive experience in conflict zones, disaster areas and other challenging environments. We leverage this expertise with integrated applied learning practices to produce high-impact results. Blumont’s clients and implementing partners include international bi- and multi-lateral donors including:
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
The United States Department of State
The United Kingdom’s Foreign Commonwealth Office (FCO)
The United Kingdom’s Department for International Development (DFID)
The United Nations’ High Commissioner for Refugees
The CoP is the senior-most leadership position on our projects, reporting directly to Blumont senior-management in our Washington, DC area headquarters, and working closely with our donor(s) to implement complex programming. They will provide overall strategic direction in the design, management, implementation and quality assurance of the project. S/he will also provide technical assistance. The CoP will be Blumont’s primary point of contact with USAID and all relevant stakeholders. S/he will collaborate with the relevant Ministries and other critical partners to provide high-level support for effective capacity building at the local level and sustainability of the project interventions. The CoP will oversee a team of experts and support staff, prepare reports and annual operating plans, align project initiatives with in-country priorities, and ensure the program is compliant with USAID and Blumont’s regulations.
Other duties include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare strategic plans, annual and quarterly work plans, and overall management of the program in line with USAID guidelines
- Lead start up activities including offices establishment and team recruitment
- Ensure technical compliance with the agreement/contract with USAID and timely delivery of project activities
- Oversee the performance of project staff including Blumont’s and those of the partners/sub-awardees
- Ensure proper financial management, procurement, human resources and logistics management in compliance with Blumont’s policies
- Support the development of strong M&E mechanisms and efficient systems to feed M&E data into decision-making to ensure high quality implementation
- Support a rigorous approach to learning and adaptation, in consultation with USAID
- Establish effective communication and coordination with personnel from the government in order to implement interventions and incorporate country-wide priorities
- Create a positive working environment for all staff and ensure fair professional growth and training opportunities for team members
- Represent Blumont and the project before USAID and in coordination meetings with national institutions and international donors
- Work with the project’s security focal person and Blumont’s regional security focal person to develop and maintain systems that promote the safety and security of all team members
- Support identification of growth opportunities in the region.
- Postgraduate degree in natural resources management, environmental policy, water and sanitation engineering, public administration. International Affairs, International Development, Policy Analysis, Economics, Public Administration, Business Administration, Statistics/Social Research, or related fields
- Minimum of 15 years of professional experience in implementing international development projects, preferably in the fields of rural development, water management, or economic development
- Previous experience as CoP for large-scale and/or complex projects for a minimum of three years; or an equivalent leadership role as Country Director, Head of Programming, etc.
- Experience managing programs and partners with large grants and/or subcontracting mechanisms preferred.
- Expertise devising and overseeing security plans and the safety of staff in fragile states
- Demonstrated working knowledge of project development, grant administration and management procedures as well as a mastery of the principles, methods, practices, and operational procedures of a variety of successful private business enterprises, NGOs or development programs
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills and ability to build strong relationships with host governments’ institutions, local and international NGOs, and donors
- Fluency in English is required. Fluency in an additional language including Arabic, French, or Spanish are highly preferred.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org