Hitachi Corporate Office, Europe, located in Brussels is looking to recruit an EU Affairs Intern. The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to overall office-wide activities and in particular to assist Senior EU Affairs Managers in charge of Environment & Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), within their respective Policy/Legislative area.
A 5-month internship contract (Convention d’immersion professionelle) will be signed between Hitachi and the successful candidate.
Deadline: Monday 9 September 18:00.
(50% Environment, Climate and Energy; 50% Sustainability/CSR)
Assisting Senior staff in:
- Monitoring EU Environmental/CSR legislative and policy developments impacting Hitachi businesses;
- Drafting general internal communications and reports on EU Environmental/CSR legislation and policy;
- Networking and contact building with relevant EU Stakeholders in Brussels, including events and conference participation;
- Maintaining close contact with and advising Hitachi Group Companies in Europe on the relevant legislation/policy;
- Helping to organize internal Working Group meetings and external events;
- Maintaining contacts within Trade Associations that Hitachi is a member of (Business Europe, Digitaleurope, Japan Business Council in Europe…).
- A minimum of 5 months experience of the EU Environmental Affairs realm, Energy, Sustainability or CSR field (EU policy on Circular Economy/Resource Efficiency, Chemicals, Energy and Waste, such as WEEE, REACH, and Ecodesign; Sustainable Development Goals, Sustainable Finance, non-financial reporting, Business and Human Rights, etc.,);
- Experience from one of the EU institutions would be considered a plus;
- An MA in EU politics, environmental studies, economics or law;
- Experience of working in an international environment, knowledge of Japanese working environment would also be a plus;
- Fluency and English is essential, other languages including French and Japanese a plus.
To apply for this position, please send your resume (max. 2 pages) and cover letter (max. 1 page) to Mr. Jesper Holmberg. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. All personal data of candidates will be deleted at the end of the selection process.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org