In this full-time position, you will work with other members of the PASA International team to develop a public communications strategy. By leading the implementation of the strategy, you will enhance the Alliance’s reputation as a global leader in wildlife conservation and animal welfare.
You will have the opportunity to reach supporters worldwide by expanding PASA’s use of digital marketing, such as optimizing Facebook advertising, managing and segmenting mailing lists in Mailchimp, updating PASA’s WordPress website, and managing PASA’s team of social media volunteers, as well as conducting media relations and other PR. You will work with the PASA team in Portland, Oregon, USA, where PASA is based.
The Pan African Sanctuary Alliance, the largest association of wildlife centers in Africa, includes 23 organizations in 13 African countries. The Alliance’s members work to stop the illegal trade in wildlife, rescue, rehabilitate, and reintroduce orphans of the trade, protect wild primate populations and their habitats, and educate and empower communities. The combination of PASA’s worldwide network and its members’ local expertise uniquely positions the Alliance to build a global movement to save Africa’s great apes and monkeys. Learn more at www.PASA.org.
Main purpose of the job: Work with other members of the PASA International team to develop and implement a strategy for public communications that develops the Alliance’s reputation globally as a leader.
• Collaboratively develop a public communications strategy for PASA International
• Lead the implementation of the public communications strategy
• Regularly optimize advertising on social media platforms
• Manage mailing lists in PASA’s email marketing provider, including segmenting lists
in order to target different audiences
• Conduct public relations, including media relations
• As needed, update and improve technical aspects of PASA’s website, such as donation
forms and other plugins
• Optimize PASA’s use of social media, including recruiting, training, and managing
social media volunteers
• Work with other staff to develop and manage a communications calendar
• Write, edit, and oversee volunteers who write articles, newsletters, blog posts, reports,
and other public communications
• As appropriate, make recommendations for hiring freelancers
• Fill other roles and complete other projects as needed
• Demonstrated ability to lead an organization’s public communications and PR
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to work collaboratively
• Experience using Facebook’s advertising platform
• Experience segmenting mailing lists in Mailchimp or other email marketing providers
• Experience troubleshooting and improving plugins for WordPress or other content management systems
• Excellent writing skills, including writing in diverse styles and for diverse audiences
• Demonstrated passion for animal welfare and/or wildlife conservation
• Experience managing volunteers and/or staff
• Excellent administrative skills including organization and attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to complete projects within deadlines
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
Please send a cover letter that states why you are a good fit for this position, your resume/CV, and contact information of three references.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org