The U.S. Global Leadership Coalition is a broad-based influential network of 500 businesses and NGOs; national security and foreign policy experts; and business, faith-based, academic and community leaders across the country that support strategic investments in diplomacy and development alongside defense in order to build a better, safer world.
The U.S. Global Leadership Coalition (USGLC) is seeking an experienced Outreach Assistant to work with the Outreach Team to expand the USGLC’s state-based coalitions to support our educational and advocacy efforts. The position will report to the National Outreach Director and reside in Washington, D.C.
- Assist and support Regional Field Managers and Directors in the implementation and follow-up of all educational and advocacy efforts in specified states.
- Expand grasstop network in states by assisting in identification and recruitment of influential business, civic, military, academic and faith-based leaders to support USGLC’s efforts.
- Support engagement of USGLC’s state networks and assist in execution of small and large education events and programs; and on-going communications.
- Assist in organizing and scheduling in-district meetings with USGLC state leaders and policymakers.
- Coordinate state leaders to contact policymakers during key legislative deliberations.
- Conduct and succinctly write research and memoranda for internal and external consumption in support of field activities.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in political science, public policy, international relations or another related field.
- Experience in a political campaign and/or issue-advocacy setting.
- Presidential, Senatorial, and/or Congressional campaign experience is highly desirable.
- Strong knowledge of international relations as well as a demonstrated ability to organize high-level individuals in advocacy efforts.
- Demonstrated abilities in planning meetings and large events, as well as organizing and training skills.
- Demonstrated ability to draft language that effectively communicates complex issues to a broad audience.
- Experience with database management.
- Ability to proactively engage prominent leaders in the political, business, faith-based, military, academic, and civic communities.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, fluid and flexible team environment.
- Ability and desire to travel domestically as needed.
Please email cover letter and resume to Carey Campbell. Please reference “Outreach
Assistant” in the email subject line. Short listed candidates will be contacted. No calls please.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org