European Friends of Armenia (EuFoA, www.eufoa.org) is a Brussels-based NGO which seeks to build bridges between Europe and Armenia. We are now seeking to grow our team with a Policy and Advocacy Officer to support our policy and advocacy efforts towards the European Union and the Council of Europe.
The position includes a wide range of tasks, including but not limited to:
- Conduct background research and closely monitor the political developments between the European Union and Armenia
- Draft and update policy reports on EU-Armenia relations
- Assist in developing advocacy strategies towards the European institutions;
- Develop and maintain a mapping of MEPs and other strategic stakeholders;
- Coordinate activities in regard to advocacy at the PACE, and further participate in developing follow-up activities;
- Assist in developing advocacy strategies towards the CoE
- Develop and maintain a mapping of MPs and other strategic stakeholders within the CoE system;
- Provide technical and logistical support for political events and awareness campaigns
- Develop and consolidate contacts with national and European authorities, other civil society associations, think tanks and the academic world.
- Relevant academic background (preferably a degree in international law, international relations, political sciences);
- At least 3 years of proven experience working with the EU and CoE mechanisms, tools and policies, and the work of NGOs towards the institutions. 5 years or more of professional experience will be considered an advantage;
- Proven experience to multitask, work under limited supervision and take initiative under tight deadlines;
- Excellent command of oral and written English (knowledge of Russian/French is an asset), and strong writing skills;
- Capacity to see the big picture, have a keen attention to detail, and be hands-on, like to work in a team and good in internal communications, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Applicants from countries requiring work permits (Armenia, Russia, etc) have equal opportunities if they already hold a valid work permit for Belgium
We are offering:
- A very good working environment in a small, young, efficient and international team
- Full time position and fair terms under Belgian law
- Competitive salary
- Long term perspective
Please send your application consisting of a CV (2 pages maximum) and a motivation letter in English to email address. Please include the name of the position in the subject of your email.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org