The Washington Office on Latin America (WOLA) seeks a talented and creative Assistant Director for Content Production to assist WOLA’s Vice President for Communications and Director for Digital Strategy in creating compelling audiovisual content across WOLA’s multiple platforms and managing website, email, and social media channels.
The Assistant Director for Content Production will be tasked with producing audiovisual content in support of active human rights campaigns, fundraising drives, and rapid response operations. The ideal candidate is able to ideate and execute a graphic, cut a video, or put together a static data visualization, all while staying within the bounds of messaging strategy and branding guidelines. They are also capable of thinking critically about existing tools for online engagement at WOLA and implementing innovations that strengthen current efforts. This position is an opportunity for a committed individual to help advance the debate in the human rights and foreign policy communities in Washington, DC and Latin America.
WOLA is an organization in which everyone is self-motivated, goal-oriented, and passionate about our work. We are committed to what we do. Our leadership works hard to support us with a culture of innovation, collaboration, and excellence. WOLA has twice been recognized by Washingtonian Magazine as one of D.C.’s “Best Places to Work” and by The Washington Post as one of D.C.’s best-managed nonprofits.
WOLA’s office has a full-time staff of approximately 27, plus seven interns and six senior fellows.
Reports to: Director for Digital Strategy
Audiovisual Content Production (65%)
1. Produce short video, graphics, audio, or static data visualizations for dissemination on website and social media channels.
2. Identify opportunities for long-form visual content production and ensure completion of projects.
3. Assist in the production and audience expansion efforts of the existing WOLA podcast.
4. In collaboration with program and fundraising staff, develop slides, printed materials, and other documents while ensuring their adherence to branding guidelines.
Website, Email, and Social Media Management (35%)
1. Assist the Director for Digital Strategy and editorial staff in implementing detailed, forward-looking editorial calendars for online channels.
2. Work collaboratively with the Director for Digital Strategy and program experts to launch aggressive digital rapid response efforts as needed.
3. Revitalize existing digital marketing efforts and develop new opportunities for engagement with supporters.
4. Manage day-to-day operations of website and social media platforms, as well as improvements on infrastructure needs on the website.
1. Strong commitment to human rights and a sufficient understanding of Latin American affairs.
2. At least 3 years of experience in video, audio, or graphic content creation.
3. Mastery of at least one of the following: a video editing software such as Adobe Premiere Pro, an audio editing software such as Audacity, or a graphic design software such as Adobe Illustrator.
4. Familiarity with WordPress, MailChimp, Google Analytics, and Hootsuite.
5. Strong track record of incorporating storytelling tactics into content creation.
6. Experience incorporating creative content into rapid response situations.
7. Experience managing outside vendors working on audiovisual projects and website maintenance.
8. Fluency in written and spoken Spanish
9. Diplomatic, adaptable, creative, and persuasive. Works well under high-stakes, high pressure environments.
10. Additional job requirements: overseas travel required; full-time position; some long hours and occasional weekend work required based on the rapid response aspect of the job.
1. Deep knowledge of human rights issues in Latin America, or experience working with NGOs in the region.
2. Mastery of all of the following: a video editing software, an audio editing software, and a graphic design software.
3. Familiarity with RStudio, Tableau, or D3.js.
Please submit, in English, the following items in one PDF document: cover letter, resume, and a portfolio sample of graphic or video work. In addition, you may also submit a link to an online portfolio or audiovisual product you’ve created. Please also include a list of three references with daytime telephone numbers and email addresses and send the application with the subject line Assistant Director for Content Production.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org