The Asian Development Bank Institute (ADBI) is looking for a highly motivated part-time or full-time research associate with an interest in empirical economic development work. Ideal candidates would have at least a master’s degree, preferably a PhD degree, in economics, finance or closely related areas. Strong quantitative skills in econometrics are the main requirement.
- Assisting in conducting applied research (using econometric analysis and other quantitative methods) on spillover effects of infrastructure or macroeconomic/financial analysis
- Drafting research papers and conducting literature reviews
- Maintaining and updating databases
- Assisting in drafting of economic reports (including preparation and editing of text, tables and figures)
- Reviewing research papers for publication
- Assisting in organizing conferences, workshops and other research-related activities
- At least a master's degree, preferably a PhD degree, in economics, finance or closely related areas
- Preferably a specialization or demonstrated interest in economics, econometrics, or finance
- Familiarity with economic development topics of relevance to Asia and the Pacific
- Strong quantitative skills in econometrics and statistics, including familiarity with statistical packages, such as STATA, E-views, Matlab or R. Knowledge in GIS is desirable.
- At least two years of research experience, including post-graduate research, and ability to draft publishable papers, covering literature review, data compilation and analysis
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org