IRC’s Research and Innovation (R&I) Unit brings together a multi-disciplinary team combining IRC’s commitment to rigorous research and evidence-based programs with new approaches to designing, testing and scaling breakthrough interventions for the humanitarian and development sector. The Research, Evaluation and Learning department helps the IRC serve people affected by crisis with the most effective and efficient programs; designing and rigorously testing interventions, supporting the IRC in interpreting and applying existing research to develop high-quality, evidence-based programs, and conducting cost efficiency and cost effectiveness analyses to ensure the best use of our resources. The Airbel Center - IRC's Innovation Lab - aims to design, nurture, and scale new humanitarian interventions and delivery models by applying best practices from the behavioral sciences, human-centered design, rapid iteration, and multi-disciplinary problem-solving in the humanitarian context.
Combining these skills with IRC's extensive field presence and deep sector expertise, we believe it is possible to design and scale evidence-based breakthrough programs that could impact millions of people most affected by conflict and disasters.
Based at IRC’s Headquarters in New York City, the Grants Coordinator, Research & Innovation, will manage a complex portfolio of restricted funding from a range of public and private donors. This includes providing support on large strategic proposals with a focus on public and institutional donors and research grants. Working closely with project leads, Country Program and HQ grants staff, finance and business development, you will bring your extensive proposal development and grants management expertise to ensure that all R&I’s projects are set up and managed to the highest possible standards, provide expert advice on donor compliance issues, and lead on monitoring, reporting and closeout for all R&I projects.
- In collaboration with R&I technical leads, coordinate new grant applications and liaise with relevant staff in Country Programs and the Awards Management Unit for effective proposal development processes.
- Provide a broad range of proposal and business development support, including leading the proposal development process and workplan, writing non-technical sections, copy editing and proposal quality assurance.
- Be the in-house expert on donor regulations and provide strategic guidance on compliance considerations, negotiate contractual terms with funders, and ensure R&I projects are set up to meet stringent compliance requirements.
- Lead on all subaward processes, including pre-award partner vetting, subcontracting and relationship management throughout implementation.
- Ensure utilization of IRC standard grant management processes across all R&I grants, and if required develop new tools or reporting formats to enhance grants management.
- Support project leads on the effective setup of grants processes for new projects, including facilitating Grants Opening Meetings, creation of procurement and spending plans, alignment of roles and responsibilities between R&I and other IRC units, and internal and external communication protocols.
- Lead on all aspects of grant management during project implementation and coordinate internal monthly Grant Review Meetings with project leads.
- Review monthly spending to ensure expenses are in line with grant requirements and projected spending.
- Ensure quality information management related to grants by overseeing the regular maintenance of grant files, reporting calendars, and updating of internal IRC documentation and grants management tools.
- Coordinate creation of grant reports with project leads, including managing grant reporting timelines and developing guidance, templates and toolkits to ensure all narrative reports are submitted on time to high standard with necessary reviews.
- Manage and coordinate the approval of agreements, amendments, cost extensions, and no-cost extensions for R&I Unit grants and subgrants, as applicable.
- Participate in calls with select donors, represent R&I Unit at donor meetings as required; and communicate relevant priorities to donors and internal business development units
- Promptly identify and advise the Deputy Director and applicable project leads on areas of concern in regard to grant management or compliance related issues.
- Bachelor’s degree International Affairs, Public Administration, Economics, Business Studies, Accounting, Commerce, or other related fields
- At least 4-6 years of related work experience, preferably for an International Non-Governmental Organization
- Experience in developing and managing project concepts and funding proposals for humanitarian / development work from governmental, institutional and research-oriented donors across multiple sectors such as health, education and protection
- Experience managing complex grants and projects throughout implementation, including compliance, monitoring and reporting processes.
- Experience in building partnerships for development and humanitarian funding as well as negotiation of programmatic and financial contractual arrangements with donors and partners.
- Excellent organizational skills: the ability to work independently & productively in a fast-paced environment and ability to effectively see projects through from start to finish.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: the ability to successfully and effectively liaise with a variety of people in a multi-cultural environment and work on a virtual team;
- Flexible work attitude, proactive and demonstrated creativity: the ability to work productively in a team environment and the ability to problem solve creatively with minimal guidance;
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written is required
- Excellent Computer skills: proficient in all MS Office, and some knowledge of database management and website development would be an asset.
- Experience in humanitarian setting or development contexts
- Experience/familiarity with NGO professional setting
- Fluency in French is an added bonus
- Standard office work environment
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org