Under the overall guidance of the Head of the EU Financial Liaison and Regional Resource Management Division at RO Brussels and the direct supervision of the EU Legal Compliance Officer, the incumbent will support the unit in strengthening the legal and contractual compliance of EU funded projects implemented by IOM worldwide.
- Assist in reviewing contracts with the EU institutions and in ensuring compliance with applicable Framework Agreements and IOM internal legal requirements. Coordinate with Legal Department at HQ and field missions when required;
- Assist in reviewing contracts, including with IOM’s implementing partners and contractors, where specific EU compliance conditions must be considered. Liaise with the Legal Department when required;
- Assist in analysing EU related contracts that entail provisions that are not in line with standard templates and/or internal policies, instructions, regulations and rules.;
- Assist in preparing training materials on specific EU contracting matters in IOM official languages (English, French);
- Monitor EU websites for updates and new instructions with regards to financing instruments under MFF 2014-2020 and successor financing instruments;
- Assist in drafting internal interpretations of various EU rules and regulations;
- Participate in meetings as required.
- Bachelor degree in Law from an accredited academic institution with at least 3 years of relevant professional experience. Master degree in Law is an advantage.
- Completed High Degree School with at least 5 years of relevant professional experience.
- Proven experience on EU legal and contractual matters is a requirement;
- Experience in contract review including financial aspects is a distinct advantage;
- Experience in preparing training materials is an advantage;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills;
- Experience in reviewing legal documents and/or papers is an advantage.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of French is an advantage.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others and building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
- The appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
- This post is subject to local recruitment. Only persons holding a valid residence and work permit for Belgium will be eligible for consideration.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org