Conservation International (CI) has been protecting nature for the benefit of all for over 30 years. Through science, policy, and partnerships, CI is helping build a healthier, more prosperous and more productive planet.
Conservation International (Cl) seeks an experienced and passionate fundraiser to join our Foundation Relations (FR) team. This position will be on the front lines of Cl's efforts to raise the support needed to combat climate change and protect the planet we all rely upon. Successful candidates will be committed to this mission: building upon a strong foundation of science, partnership, and field demonstration, Cl empowers societies to responsibly and sustainably care for nature, our global biodiversity, for the well-being of humanity.
The Manager, Foundation Relations is responsible for raising funds from professional foundations, both in the
U.S. and abroad. To be successful, this dynamic individual will join a high-performing team that constantly pursues increased and deeper partnerships in support of Cl's mission. The Manager will build a strong pipeline of accounts, ensuring regular and effective "touches" with prospects and donors. They will also manage, and in some cases lead, fundraising efforts, including developing strategy, ensuring proper stewardship, identifying new prospects, and providing writing and editing support on proposals, reports, and other correspondence. Finally, this entrepreneurially minded team member will contribute broadly to the work of Cl's Development Division, which strives to bring more and more private philanthropy to the aid of Cl's mission.
- Raise revenue from a portfolio of donors by supporting, and sometimes leading, the development and implementation of donor fundraising strategies.
- Build a strong pipeline of donor accounts.
- Build relationships with foundation staff, in partnership with Cl programs.
- Manage and support the development of concept papers and proposals, including providing strong writing and editing support.
- Ensure high-quality stewardship and management of existing donors and grants in portfolio.
- Support fundraising efforts for individual Cl programs and/or priorities as assigned.
- Track fundraising efforts in Raiser 's Edge or related database.
- Prepare, or support preparation of, fundraising progress reports and analyses.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Support the overall fundraising efforts of Cl's Development Division, which can include work related to principal, major, and annual gift donors.
- Be a source of fundraising knowledge for Cl's field and technical staff.
- Typical office environment.
- Flexibility in work schedule to accommodate time difference with HQ and field programs may be necessary.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Bachelor's degree and 3-5 years of relevant fundraising experience required. Experience raising funds from professional foundations preferred.
- Successful experience in cultivating and managing multiple prospects and donors simultaneously.
- Well-developed communication, negotiation, and organizational skills.
- Excellent writing, editing, and donor management skills are absolutely necessary for the success of this position, as are an ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and work with interdisciplinary teams.
- Effective interpersonal skills, including the ability to listen, use diplomacy and tact, and build strong relationships with donors, volunteers, and all levels of staff.
- Knowledge of current trends and metrics in philanthropic giving.
- Experience with fundraising database software, particularly Raiser 's Edge.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated understanding of conservation and/or development issues is preferred.
- Experience with in-person fundraising, even as a volunteer or student, is a plus.
- Experience working on international issues or abroad is a plus.
- Ability to speak a second language is a plus.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org