Women for Women International (WfWI) is seeking a Global Systems and Network Administrator to play a key role in maintaining our IT infrastructure, as well as improving it to better serve our HQ office, global team and our beneficiaries. The role will require the individual to wear many hats, while working on multiple challenging projects at the same time. It is an opportunity to apply your skills and expand your knowledge at the same time.
Women for Women International’s IT team is responsible for providing and maintaining our infrastructure and applications locally to support sponsorship operations, program delivery, monitoring and evaluation and fundraising. They are responsible for assisting our country offices in maintaining their infrastructure globally. The cloud-based systems provided by WfWI are used by our global staff in 10 different countries with varying infrastructure capability.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support IT needs for a diverse set of approximately 50 staff with a wide variety of expertise and needs at our HQ in Washington DC.
- Onboard and train new staff on IT systems in a windows environment with Office 365.
- Repair and maintain Laptops.
- Windows 10 support for end users.
- Manage server administration and virtualization with VMware or Hyper-V including installation & support.
- SaaS administration for Office 365 and other cloud-based tools.
- Server backup and backup management for on-premise tools.
- Windows server administration for on premise and IaaS/Cloud based systems in Azure and AWS.
- Follow security best practices in setting up and maintaining servers in the cloud and on-premise.
- Network administration including switches, routers, and firewall using Meraki, Aruba, and/or Sonic Wall network equipment.
- Design and implement network & network security best practices.
- Tier-2 IT support for remote users and IT staff (Active directory, Windows, global networking)
- Assist in managing global network in areas with low bandwidth.
- Assist with systems administration in areas with limited infrastructure a plus.
- Manage SaaS systems for a global staff, including those in areas with low bandwidth and other infrastructure limitations.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an IT environment where new systems are being developed and implemented regularly.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or an additional 3 years of on the job experience required.
- Strong organizational, presentation and customer service skills required.
- Demonstrated success as a technical leader coordinating multiple stakeholders, vendors and developers.
- Experience implementing cloud-based solutions globally, particularly in low infrastructure settings is helpful.
- Experience with Meraki, Aruba, and/or Sonic Wall network equipment is preferred.
- Interest in and experience with network security is preferred.
- Experience working with remote technical staff is preferred but not required.
- Proven track record managing or assisting on IT upgrade projects.
- Previous work for International NGOs/commercial organizations in developing countries is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to explain technical matters to non-technical audiences.
- Proven problem-solving skills with a track record of managing successful technology implementation or development projects.
- Leadership skills, proven calm dependability in difficult situations.
- Mental agility, ability to comprehend new technologies quickly and efficiently.
- Creativity and willingness to find cost effective pragmatic solutions.
- Ability to work effectively and with grace, integrity and multi-cultural awareness in international setting.
- Good spoken and written English language skills, French or Arabic is a plus.
- Ability and willingness to travel to difficult regions including: Afghanistan, Democratic Republic of Congo, Iraq, Nigeria, Rwanda and South Sudan.
- Ability to travel to our offices in the United Kingdom and Germany.
- Ability to have flexible work schedule which may include early mornings, evenings and weekends. May be required to occasionally work beyond normally scheduled hours.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org