The Civil Society and Reporting Officer is an intermediate professional position at IFES providing operational and programmatic support to the IFES Myanmar office on a range of activities in the lead up to the 2020 elections. Specific duties will include administrative, financial and programmatic management support for a large subgrant program, reporting, monitoring and evaluation and communications assistance. This position is based in Yangon, Myanmar with the potential for frequent travel to other states and regions.
- Assist the Country Director to ensure the timely execution of project activities within the allocated budget, and strategic development and implementation.
- Support achievement of project requirements within budget, established time frame, standards of quality, and funder satisfaction.
- Support the administration and financial oversight of a large subgrant program for civil society organizations.
- Establish and regularly update a monitoring and evaluation systems for the ongoing monitoring and evaluation needs of work with civil society partners and other civic and voter education activities.
- Draft, edit and finalize monthly and quarterly reports, communication materials and other written products.
- Supervise a team of national staff to support program activities, hold regular meetings and also provide feedback on progress of activities and their performance.
- Oversee any necessary procurement or subawards in accordance with IFES policies and USAID as well as non-USG rules and regulations.
- Assist with program design, knowledge of IFES systems, tools for project implementation and monitoring.
- Troubleshoot project problems, identify and suggest creative solutions.
- Participate in proposal development/new initiative process as needed.
- Provide input into annual workplans, PMPs, and other programmatic reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s Degree in international relations, political science, international development preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years of overall work experience in the international development sector with NGO experience a plus.
- Experience with budget management and administrative oversight of large civil society subgrant programs.
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative monitoring and evaluation strategies. Experience conducting M&E for voter and civic education programs a plus.
- Supervisory experience a plus.
- Experience with program design and project management.
- Knowledgeable on USAID, DFID, DFAT and other non-US based grant and contract proposals, regulations, and procedures.
- Familiarity with USAID, DFID, DFAT and other non-US structure and personnel as well as other international donors.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Excel required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required. Demonstrated past experience with report development or communications.
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation techniques preferred.
- Travel up to 15% of time.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org