We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
The CNN International Associate Producer is responsible for duties ranging from preparing video elements and monitoring agency, affiliate and pool feeds as well as materials from CNN's various production centers and bureaus, for news and business programs.
- Coordinating video needs for assigned shows and making sure packages, look lives or any other media needs are ready for air. This includes reviewing incoming feeds to determine the newest and best available video and communicating to the newsroom and the control room.
- The Associate Producer is the CNNI liaison to Image & Sound.
- The AP is also expected to have a full understanding of the editorial direction that the network is taking on a daily basis.
- The AP is also responsible for assisting the writing staff as well as helping produce live shots in the control room.
- Must be willing to work any shift including weekends and overnights.
Minimum experience requirements include:
- The successful applicant must have a BA or equivalent work experience.
- All applicants must have a good understanding of international news, basic news writing skills and the ability to work well under deadline pressure.
- A working knowledge of MediaSource and the video library is expected.
- The finalist for the job will be given a current events assessment.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org