Who we’re looking for: Students with experience or interest in public relations, communications, international affairs, and public policy. Prior experience in energy is not required.
As a Public & Government Affairs (P&GA) Intern, you will manage various internal and/or external communications projects. Interns will have exposure and the opportunity to contribute in a variety of areas, including global operations, media, communications, corporate branding/advertising, public policy, and corporate citizenship, among other areas. The number one quality we look for is a strong writing skillset. Interns will have the chance to build their portfolios with real-world communication products.
Location: Houston, Texas
Responsibilities may include
- Develop internal and external communications plans.
- Develop social media strategy for industry-leading projects.
- Draft external communication materials: digital media, fact sheets, pamphlets, etc.
- Support issues management/research into energy/economic/foreign policy issues
- Support internal communications through a variety of mediums: employee forums, newsletters, video production, intranet sites, publications, etc.
- Support corporate citizenship and sustainability programs.
- Advanced written and oral communication skills; ability to understand and communicate complex issues; familiarity with conventions of AP Style; good presentation skills.
- Current enrollment in a related bachelor’s degree or graduate program: business, media (journalism or communications), public policy/political science, and international studies backgrounds preferred but not required.
- Previous internship or other experience in business, public relations, media, government, or policy.
- Varied communications experience including writing.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and stakeholders.
Successful candidates may have experience in the following or similar areas
- Public relations/advertising agency or corporate experience for brands or companies
- Advising business strategy for brands/companies
- Journalism – local, wire or national news organizations
- U.S. Government – Senate, House of Representatives, Executive Branch (Depts. of State/Trade/Energy); or state government experience
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org