The jobholder will be responsible for leading on and delivering events for the UK Mission to the United Nations. The events will take place at the UN, the Mission, the Ambassadors’ residences and external venues and will be used to promote the UK’s policy objectives at the UN and more widely. The Events Manager will work closely with the UKMis Press and Public Affairs Team, the joint UKMis/British Consulate General (BCG) events team and policy teams across the Mission. They will also be expected to provide support to a busy PPA team, especially during Ministerial visits and major UN events such as the UN General Assembly. The successful candidate will require strong organisational and communication skills, be highly motivated, flexible and dynamic, and able to deliver as part of a busy team with changing prioirities.
What will the jobholder be expected to achieve?
- Manage events and projects - including but not limited to contract negotiation, onsite logistics, liaising with partners/sponsors, budgets and staffing, overseeing management of invitations, RSVPs and guests lists, working closely with the Social Secretary and Residence Teams;
- Lead on developing an events and project strategy for the UK Mission to promote UK priorities, objectives and increased influence in the UN through the delivery of special projects and increased partnership with UN contacts;
- Develop and maintain relationships with commercial and other external partners e.g. external venues, caterers, AV companies etc. to support delivery of the Mission’s event and special projects strategy;
- Coordinate and lead brainstorming sessions with senior staff within Policy teams and Senior Leadership Team to develop a range of creative, diversified, and targeted events supporting UK and Mission prioities;
- Responsible for managing event budgets, including ensuring procurement and finance compliance, and deliving impact, value for money, and evaluations of impact of events;
- Act as lead expert for advice on events for teams across the UK Mission.
This role will have some delegated budget responsibilities for individual events and projects.
Essential on arrival:
- 3-5 years work experience, preferably within event operations and/or project management.
- Excellent verbal, written and listening skills.
- Strong organisational and problem-solving skills and ability to be detail-oriented.
- Good judgement and willingness to make sound and timely decisions.
- Creativity, flexibility, adaptability, and excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Strong research skills.
- Confidence and poise; ability to be quick on your feet and work independently in a fast -paced environment.
- Proven ability to develop realistic action plans, meet deadlines and execute on clear deliverables.
- Ability to focus on multiple large-scale projects simultaneously.
- Strong networking skills; ability and willingness to attend occasional evening or weekend events, as necessary.
- Must be fluent in English (written and spoken).
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Liberal Arts, Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or related field.
- Up-to-date knowledge of and interest in foreign policy issues.
- Appreciation of the challenges and sensitivities of working in government and diplomacy.
- Familiarity with the roles and responsibilities of a major Mission to the UN.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org