International SOS is the world’s leading international health care, medical assistance and security risk services company with over 11,000 employees, led by 1,200 doctors and 200 security specialists. We provide a world class offering for travellers and expatriates. Every single day we are making a difference in people’s lives and able to support them when they need it the most.
Reporting to the General Manager, Government Services the Senior Account/ BD Manager will be responsible primarily for managing client accounts including growing the accounts, answering queries, invoicing, commissioning/drafting Quarterly Reports, coordinating information and communicating in the delivery of projects and contracts, collating information for and producing tenders, and ensuring customer satisfaction. The Senior Account/ BD Manager will also be responsible for acting with some autonomy (but under the guidance of GM Government Services) in developing potential new areas of work, in particular developing leads based on existing accounts.
- Lead in producing accurate, compliant and comprehensive tender documents for public sector Requests for Proposals (RFPs) for medical assistance, medical services and medical supplies including collating information from various sources internally and close collaborative working with other Intl.SOS teams some of which will be based overseas e.g. Singapore and Dubai
- Work closely with Government MedSupply colleagues in Dubai in supporting the operational delivery of medical supply contracts to Afghanistan
- Working with Intl.SOS colleagues, produce Quarterly Reports for clients and leading Quarterly Business Review meetings
- Working with the General Manager in account management with major clients
- Working under the overall guidance of the General Manager in developing new areas of business, up-selling existing contracts and developing new areas of business
- Working with a large degree of autonomy to identify potential opportunities, and produce proposals covering new areas of business
- Interfacing with marketing, finance and billing to develop and maintain strong working relationships to support the efficient and effective management of clients
- Forecasting in year financial performance against budget and maximising receipts at FY end
- Working with finance and invoicing to produce invoices for clients and internally, together with chasing clients for late payment
- Investigate and prepare responses to questions and requests for information relating to bids, or for additional services
- Working with Assistance Centre staff and Ministry of Defence points of contact on service delivery issues
- Provide continued operational liaison and review to ensure consistent service delivery
- Ensure adherence to client compliance requirements, best practice and current company policies
- Maintain and report on client/prospect data
- Maintain all client information which may be encountered either directly or indirectly while in the performance of the job in strict confidence in accordance with any other pertinent confidentiality regulations
- Managing the Account Executive who provides support in these areas
Required Work Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Proven experience in account management and also account growing
- Previous experience of military, public sector, government, NGO, journalism; or relevant academic studies
- Knowledge of healthcare or security-related field is desirable
- Experience in writing policy documents/position papers for senior management and business decision-makers
- Experience of working on complex issues, including several issues & projects simultaneously, and to tight deadlines
- Experience in coordinating information and working in teams/ matrices to achieve results
- Proven experience of customer service/ client facing experience
- Degree-level qualification in politics, international relations or related subject, or equivalent work experience.
- Cultural sensitivity and awareness, ability to work in a multi-lingual, multi-cultural environment where collaboration is the norm
- General political awareness and knowledge
- Fluency in English (spoken and written) is required
- Previous people management experience is desirable but not a must have requirement.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org