The International Women’s Forum is an invitation-only membership organization of more than 7,000 diverse and accomplished women from 33 nations on six continents. It builds better leadership across careers, continents and cultures by connecting accomplished women both locally and globally. IWF’s Leadership Foundation (LF) seeks to increase the number of women in the C-Suite and positions of influence globally through two central programs – the Fellows Program and the Women Athletes Business Network (WABN). For more information on IWF and LF, visit www.iwforum.org and follow @IWFGlobal on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
Position: The Development Coordinator will serve as a member of the Development Team to implement the overall fundraising plan, ensuring that IWF and LF meets its annual goals and generates a strong financial base for the future. Reporting to both the LF Executive Director and the IWF Development Director, this position will be responsible for the day to day management of fundraising activities. Responsibilities will include:
- Conduct research and outreach to potential corporate partners and individual donors that could support the IWF and LF programs.
- Implement a development plan to support the annual end of year giving campaign; this includes developing marketing and social media plans, appeal content, and acknowledgment process.
- Support IWF’s sponsorship activities, assisting in the relationship management and logistical planning for IWF and LF events.
- Prepare partnership proposals and pitch decks for new and existing supporters.
- Help prepare Board and Committee documents for governance meetings.
- Maintain accurate information in NationBuilder, IWF’s CRM tool.
- Act as one of IWF’s ambassadors to members, donors, and partners, meeting their needs and fostering their participation in the organization.
- Exercise fundraising best practices and identify opportunities to improve processes and procedures.
The position calls for a highly organized individual with excellent project management and relationship building skills. The Development Coordinator should exhibit a commitment to IWF’s mission and possess the following professional qualifications and personal attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 2-3 years of professional experience in fundraising, grant writing, event management, or non-profit operations.
- Record of creatively identifying and capitalizing on opportunities to deepen engagement and increase gift levels.
- Proven verbal and written communications skills including experience in writing acknowledgment letters, appeals, and fundraising proposals.
- Ability to solve problems resourcefully, work independently and switch tasks efficiently.
- Interest in gender issues, women studies and/or international relations.
- Sensitivity and respect for the diversity of IWF, its membership, and constituencies.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience using CRM tools, a plus.
- Foreign language skills, a plus.
The Development Coordinator will also receive excellent benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, generous vacation, paid holidays, and 401(k).
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter along with salary requirements to Rachel Yost. Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org