The Saab EU & NATO Affairs Office is looking for an intern for a period of six months during autumn 2019 and beginning of 2020 (starting in October 2019). The position will provide the successful candidate with an interesting and challenging work environment as well as with the opportunity to work in the EU and NATO Affairs’ environment of a leading company developing cutting-edge technologies for the global defence, security and aerospace markets.
- Monitor and report on EU legislative and policy developments in the fields of defence, aerospace and security;
- Participate in meetings, seminars, workshops and conferences;
- Follow the work of the European Commission, the European Parliament and the Council;
- Carry out research, draft analytical papers and presentations on key issues/topics;
- Support the organisation of internal and external seminars and events;
- Support Office Manager with administrative tasks.
- University degree within relevant field (social sciences, law, economics, engineering or business administration);
- Specialisation or postgraduate diploma with relevance to the EU institutional environment;
- Mother tongue equivalent in Swedish or any of the Nordic languages;
- Fluent English (speaking, writing);
- Excellent social skills in order to interact and engage with colleagues and external stakeholders;
- Eye for detail, organisational skills and ability to deliver under time pressure.
- Completion of a traineeship (‘stage’) within the European Institutions;
- Previous experience working within the private sector with public affairs or advocacy;
- Basic understanding of the European defence/security agenda;
- Fluency in French.
- October 2019 - April 2020 (6 months).
- In line with internship remuneration levels in Brussels' EU Affairs private sector environment.
- 8 October 2019 (candidates will be assessed continuously).
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org