The Co-Head of Office & Senior Policy Fellow will share the overall management of the Berlin office and co-lead ECFR’s operations in Germany - in conjunction with the other Co-Head of Office. As a Senior Policy Fellow in ECFR’ European Power Programme, he/she will lead on the Rethink: Europe project. Launched in 2015, Rethink: Europe crafts policy strategies based on pan-European data and dialogue. It harnesses surveys of experts, open data sources, and government statistics to analyse cohesion and cooperation in the European Union. The "EU Coalition Explorer" and the "EU Cohesion Monitor" are key tools of the Rethink: Europe project. We are looking for a policy entrepreneur with good political judgement, excellent grasp of European and German foreign policy challenges, a can-do dynamic and a communicative spirit to actively shape the policy debate in Germany. You will nurture and develop ECFR’s effective presence and networks in Germany, ensuring that ECFR is part of the national debate on foreign policy, strengthening its infrastructure for influence and feeding the German perspective into ECFR’s overall work. You will work closely with the community of members of the ECFR Council based in Germany and with ECFR partners engaging them in actively supporting ECFR’s organizational goals.
- To serve ECFR's pan-European strategy and goals in Germany;
- To contribute to research, analysis and advocacy initiatives of the European Power Programme and lead its Rethink:Europe project in particular with conceptual strength and a hand for complex data driven analysis;
- To conduct research and provide analysis on key political, social and security issues related to European foreign policy challenges and opportunities;
- To propose and implement policy initiatives and produce written outputs setting out research findings and policy recommendations for European decision-makers;
- To disseminate and advocate ECFR policy recommendations to German stakeholders;
- To implement the development strategy for the Berlin Office, liaise with donors and prospective donors to support the activities of ECFR in Germany;
- To write and appear regularly in the national and European media, social media and other outlets on matters related with ECFR activities and publications;
- To coordinate the administration, finance, advocacy and communication tasks of the Berlin team;
- To represent ECFR in external meetings as appropriate.
- Strong interpersonal skills to nurture ECFR’s high-level networks in Germany;
- Excellent understanding of the EU foreign & security policy, German foreign policy and European policymaking;
- Ability to devise new and interesting policy proposals, or propose new ways of looking at problems and challenges;
- Ability to devise and implement advocacy strategies that include engagement with officials and work with media and other NGOs, and to promote ECFR priorities through writing, convening and conducting face-to-face advocacy;
- Proven experience in fundraising;
- Excellent communication skills in English and German; knowledge of other European languages an advantage;
- Entrepreneurial spirit, flexibility and adaptability to a fast-paced environment.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org