The Coalition is currently hiring a full-time Finance and Operations Manager to be based at the Coalition's headquarters in New York City and provide day-to-day financial management for the organization. S/he reports to the Director of Finance and Operations (DFO).
Specific responsibilities include:
- Maintain general ledger and all accounting functions including day-to-day accounts payable and accounts receivables using QuickBooks software
- Assist Director of Finance and Operations with financial reporting and cash flow forecasting
- Coordinate annual financial and government audits and tax filings
- Assist program staff with implementing organizational policies, procedures, and internal controls for financial and general operations to ensure effective compliance with state, federal, and donor requirements
- Support management of financial components of grants and contracts in collaboration with development and program staff, including tracking spending, reporting, and generating relevant financial reports as needed
- Coordinate annual organizational budget process as well as ongoing monitoring of department budgets
- Manage human resources tasks, including submitting and managing payroll, managing staff benefits, tracking staff schedules and time off, maintaining electronic and paper personnel files, including documentation for on-boarding and performance evaluation of employees
- Maintain electronic and paper financial files
- Maintain general consultant contracts
- Liaise with banks, vendors, consultants and other service providers
- Oversee the procurement of office infrastructure and supplies to understand and manage inventory and equipment needs
- Support the development of the Grant Compliance Assistant.
- Other tasks as required
- Five years minimum relevant non-profit financial management experience
- Bachelors degree (or higher); accounting degree a plus
- Familiarity with grant reporting requirements and procedures; solid experience coordinating audit activities and managing reporting, budget development and analysis, accounts payable, general ledger, and payroll
- Familiarity with government grant reporting requirements and procedures an advantage
- Experience coordinating audit activities and managing reporting, budget development and analysis, accounts payable, general ledger, and payroll
- Highly motivated, organized, detail oriented, and able to work effectively both independently and as part of a multinational, decentralized team;
- Proficient in the use of Quickbooks, MS Office, and Google applications
- Interest in international relations, human rights, or museum work
- Knowledge of Spanish, Russian, Arabic or French a strong plus
- Flexibility, creativity, resourcefulness, and an eye towards problem-solving
Interested candidates are invited to send an email that includes your resume and cover letter indicating salary requirements along with one writing sample. Please include Finance Manager in the subject line. Applications without salary requirements cannot be considered. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Please note that because of the volume of submissions the Coalition receives for position postings, only those candidates who will be invited to move forward in the search process will be contacted.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org