SAIC currently has an opening for a Red Switch Operator to support a Department of State (DoS) Bureau of Information Resource Management (IRM) program.
- This program provides transparent, interconnected systems and security supporting the DoS in successfully carrying out its U.S. foreign policy mission.
- IRM provides enterprise architecture design, engineering, operations and maintenance support services for desktops, servers, networks, firewalls, and enterprise applications across the Department.
- Program is named "Vanguard 2.2.1" and is an IT consolidation consisting of the Department's servers, mainframes, network devices, network perimeter, anti-virus engineering, public key infrastructure (PKI)/biometrics/encryption, monitoring tools, telephony, mobile computing platform, virtual environment, and enclave design/security engineering.
- This is a network specialist position within Vanguard 2.2.1, providing secure telecommunication support over the Multilevel Secure Voice network, formerly the Defense Red Switch Network (DRSN), to DoS personnel.
- Requires experienced strong communications skills when dealing with VIPs and government officials and executives.
- Support personnel will assist in establishing and maintaining secure voice calls and teleconferences, as well as fulfilling conference management functions.
Secure telecommunication support is provided on a 24x7 basis. Must be open to the following shifts:
- Mid shift (11:00 PM to 7:30 AM)
- Swing Shift (3:00 PM to 11:30 PM)
- Day Shift (7:00 AM to 3:30 PM)
- Assist in building conferences on the secure voice system with multiple participants in CONUS, OCONUS, and other government agencies
- Assist State Operations in establishing secure voice communications or the transmission of secure data to traveling DoS personnel
- Establish, test, and monitor secure communications with aircraft
- Provides instructions to secure phone users.
- Monitors the status of critical circuits (ECC)
- Maintains official permanent records/narrative of mission support activities and trouble tickets.
Bachelors and 5+ years experience or HS and 9+ years of experience
- Telecommunication support experience
- Experienced with placing and managing calls using STE, vIPer, and VoSIP
- Experienced with establishing conference calls between users on disparate systems such as vIPer and STE
- Able to handle moderately complex assignments with little supervision and to determine methods to accomplish assigned tasks
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Candidate must currently posses a secret clearance and qualified for a TS/SCI clearance
- ITIL ® Foundation certification
- Familiarity with DoS environment (data and voice networks, IT security systems, policies and procedures), Foreign Affairs Handbooks (FAHs), Foreign Affairs Manuals (FAMs) preferred
- Top Secret clearance
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org