Are you motivated to change European markets to incentivise environmental and climate friendly products? Do you consider financial instruments as an important lever to help mitigate climate change? Are you well versed in finance, economics and policy?
With major European policies like the EU Green Deal and the Sustainable Taxonomy currently being developed, we are looking for an expert who can help us in our work to put in place market regulations that drive clean consumption and enable rapid investments in decarbonised industries. This is an opportunity to shape the new economic system required to deliver on EU and global climate objectives in a socially just manner.
The envisaged start date of the position is October/November 2019.
- Perform qualitative/quantitative research and analysis on e.g.:
- Sustainable investments;
- Border carbon tax adjustments;
- Public procurement, buy clean policies;
- Low carbon product standards.
- Monitor and influence legislative developments of relevance to Bellona;
- Develop Bellona’s economic strategies and produce policy briefs for policy makers, presentations, press releases etc.;
- Liaise, interact and build alliances with stakeholders (e.g. policy makers, NGOs, industry, financial institutions).
- Clear desire to work on climate and environment-related issues;
- Academic degree in relevant discipline;
- Minimum 3 years of experience in sustainable finance, market development, economics or similar fields;
- Strong written and verbal communication;
- Strong collaboration and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team;
- Ability and motivation to work in an international environment;
- Knowledge of EU policy and decision-making processes and institutions;
- Excellent command of English (working language);
- Positive attitude, flexible, team-player and good communicator;
- Legal right to reside and live in Belgium.
- Postgraduate degree in relevant discipline;
- Strong additional language skills.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org