The Business Development Specialist is part of a team that is responsible for training and codification of Seeds of Peace program delivery, but specifically focuses on revenue generation. Ideal candidates for this position are strong ideators, writers, and entrepreneurs with experience and background in business development for non-profits or the private sector as well as in facilitation. The business development specialist will work to further develop and grow the external facing work of Seeds of Peace in our Services work. The candidate will be expected to learn and ideate quickly under a vigorous timeline.
- Build a three-year business plan and business model to grow revenue generating stream
- Conduct an Industry Overview and Customer Analysis based on Seeds of Peace existing revenue stream
- Identify new viable revenue generating opportunities for organization - including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, products and services
- Liaise with the finance and development team to co-design business model
- Keep abreast of trends and changes in the business world
- Having an in-depth knowledge of business products and value proposition within markets Seeds of Peace is working in
- Work closely with team of training specialists and also department leadership to develop pitches and meet with potential clients
- Support the lifecycle of relationship development with external clients from pitch, negotiation, contractual processes, implementation, payment, to follow up
- Oversee global facilitator affiliate pool to deliver revenue generating projects
- Business Acumen: You have strong experience in business development for non-profits and or businesses, preferably a Business Degree and an MBA
- Customer Experience: You have experience working in consultancy roles for clients on projects with clear outcomes, process, and deadlines
- Skilled communicator: You are able to clearly and coherently organize and communicate ideas and processes to a variety of audiences, including cross-culturally. You are sensitive to the nuances of different audiences and adapt your messaging appropriately, both in writing and in person.
- Highly organized: You can keep a clear head and stay on top of your responsibilities, while managing multiple tasks and moving parts. You know how to prioritize and you’re skilled at creating and using systems that help you and others keep track of deadlines and manage time efficiently.
- Proactive problem-solver: You and feel a sense of ownership and responsibility for the success of the project. You don’t wait for someone to give you direction. You keep your eyes out of important gaps and areas of need and proactively seek solutions.
- Trustworthy and dependable: Once you commit to a task and a deadline, you follow through. If you need assistance to complete a task or if something comes up that might cause you to miss a deadline, you communicate the situation and what you need swiftly and clearly.
- Adaptable and quick-thinking: You can stretch, grow, and course-correct as needed. You manage unexpected tasks and challenges well and you thrive in dynamic, fast-paced environments.
- Positivity: In challenging circumstances, you maintain a positive attitude and looks for what can be done to improve the situation. While being realistic about difficult circumstances, you are committed to the organization’s mission and to imaginative thinking.
- Relational: You value getting the job done in a way that empowers and dignifies the people around you. You take the work seriously, but don’t take yourself seriously and value a work environment infused with kindness and positive energy.
- Self-motivated: You enjoy working on an international team, but ready and willing to accomplish your tasks while working independently.
- Experienced in Non-Profit Business Development: Individuals with consultancy background and/or developing revenue generating stream for non-profits encouraged to apply
- Strong Curriculum Developer would be preferred, but not essential: experience and ability to develop processes that engage a variety of stakeholders in developing training curricula as well as curricula for the implementation of background
- Experienced Facilitator would be preferred, but not essential: background and experience as a facilitator and trainer in diverse environments working across lines of conflict and difference
Seeds of Peace offers rewarding career opportunities, in a positive and supportive environment, with competitive salaries and benefits. If you wish to be considered for the position, please apply HERE, providing your cover letter, salary requirements, and resume. For any questions, please e-mail [email protected]. No phone calls, please. Due to the high volume of applications, only those candidates who are selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org