Administrative Assistant , Accounting Department. New York. Posting Date: 09/27/2019. Deadline: 10/12/2019
Do you want to help make the world a better place with your assistance? We're seeking an Administrative Assistant for the Accounting Department based in New York to provide administrative support to Accounting Department. Work is performed under general supervision.
The Open Society Foundations works to build vibrant and inclusive democracies whose governments are accountable and open to the participation of all people. We are active in more than 120 countries, making us the world's largest private funder of independent groups working for justice, democratic governance, and human rights.
The OSF US Accounting Team is a group of skilled individuals, from diverse backgrounds and cultures. We support the organization's mission, while keeping it complaint with regulatory bodies. We are hard working group, but we also have fun and enjoy each other's company.
As an Administrative Assistant at Open Society you will:
- Perform administrative tasks for Accounting Department, such as, filing, preparing expense reports, scheduling, organizing and coordinating meetings/travel arrangements;
- Enter payment requests for central bills or coordinate with OSF staff to process monthly central credit card statements;
- Update, maintain and organizephysical and digitalAccounting files;
- Provide administrative support for audit and tax related meetings and matters;
- Assist with the mailingand distributionof checks and upload wire confirmations in accounting system;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What we are looking for:
- Excellent communication (written, verbal and listening) and organizational skills;
- Extensive computer skills and high comfort level with computers (experience with Microsoft Office required);
- High attention to detail, able to work well under pressure with the ability to prioritize work;
- Show discretion and ability to handle confidential issues;
- High level of self-motivation and at ease working independently when necessary;
- Pleasant, diplomatic disposition when interacting with senior management, co-workers and the general public.
Desirable (but not required):
- Sensitive to various cultural communication styles;
- Adaptive and flexible to an ever changing environment;
- Flexibility to be a team player with the ability to work independently;
What we offer:
- Ample opportunities to learn and grow, from annual professional development allowances to onsite trainings and brown bag lunches with visiting experts.
- Top-notch benefits and perksdesigned for your well-being and a healthy work-life balance. With some variability according to location, this includes generous time off, flexible work arrangements, employer-paid health insurance, generous retirement savings plan, progressive paid parental leave, reproductive and family planning support, sabbatical opportunities, and much more .
- A commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that enables everyone to bring their full self to work and make a positive impact on the world.
See what a day in the life of an Administrator at Open Society is like.
If this sounds like the position you have been looking for, please submit your cover letter and CV; we look forward to learning more about you.
We aim to build an inclusive workforce that is reflective of the populations we support, and actively seek applications from those who are marginalized and underrepresented. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and colleagues with disabilities.