To provide contract support to ECA/P in the design and implementation of the AWE program. The contract analyst will report to the Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Policy in ECA, and work with Civil Service and Foreign Service team members, other colleagues, and contacts to assist in the conduct of activities necessary to develop, conduct, and expand the AWE program. The work includes close engagement with posts and other entities and individuals worldwide.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with the coordination, development, and implementation of the AWE program on a day to day basis, serving as subject matter expert.
- Work with Posts to establish systematic methods of program execution, evaluation, and advocacy. Consult with Department regional policy desks and overseas missions to identify opportunities for further promoting women's economic empowerment.
- Assist in representing the interests and priorities of ECA and the Department of State in the interagency with respect to women’s economic empowerment and the AWE program.
- Assist with the establishment of public-private partnerships that leverage the expertise, networks, and resources of public and private sector businesses to amplify and strengthen ECA's efforts to advance foreign policy initiatives. Identify and research potential private sector partners in support of AWE.
- Advise ECA Senior Officials on fundraising strategies and tactics and partnership development in accordance with bureau, department, and federal policies, regulations and statutes. Use subject matter expertise to help clarify and resolve problems and to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of activities.
- Assist with negotiation and implementation of formal and informal agreements with private sector partners and other government organizations.
- Make recommendations to senior leadership on program elements and funding levels. Assess activities to determine funding requirements.
- Analyze policy options; develop strategies for achieving US Government policy goals; propose options/alternatives to current and or proposed policies.
- Create and implement communication plans, including the development and dissemination of AWE promotional materials. Develop content for the AWE website.
- Serve as a technical liaison to Dream Builder partners to help manage the AWE network, including monitoring activity and providing guidance to Post administrators.
- Evaluate AWE program effectiveness in relation to the funding expended. Help collate, analyze, and publish qualitative and quantitative data to document impact and outcomes.
- Lead AWE training for Posts, implementing partners and facilitators, including overseas training. Administers training needs assessment; develops course content and materials
The ideal candidates would have the following qualifications:
- Experience working with multiple U.S. federal agency and embassy personnel.
- Experience working with federal, non-governmental, and international organizations on international exchange programs, and knowledge of practices, challenges, and issues.
- Experience with standard federal office system, processes, and guidelines.
- Facility with standard software, including the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, SharePoint) and an ability to learn and work with other software and database applications, as needed.
- Experience with website, social media, and other digital media platforms and resources, including Box and WhatsApp groups. Experience with online learning platforms.
- Experience with data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Experience and/or strong working knowledge of public-private partnerships and fundraising.
- Experience and/or strong working knowledge of assessing socio-economic situations for women in different cultures, and developing/implementing training.
- Strong, timely and precise organizational skills and multi-tasking abilities.
- Strong critical, creative thinking, and analytical skills.
- Strong editing and proofreading skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, and multi-task in a high volume, and, occasionally, fast-paced work environment.
- Flexible, team-oriented approach to work.
- Excellent ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues and clients. Exercises a high level of tact and diplomacy.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for frequently bending, stooping, sitting, walking or standing for prolonged periods of time; most of time is spent sitting in a comfortable position with the opportunity to move about. Occasionally there may be a need to move or lift moderately light items up to 35 pounds. Near visual acuity to review written documentation; ability to hear and understand speech at normal room levels and on the telephone; manual dexterity to operate a telephone and keyboard; lift horizontally and vertically.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job is performed in an office setting with exposure to computer screens and requires extensive use of a computer, keyboard, mouse and multi-line telephone system. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Additional Qualifying Factors:
Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance. In addition, a satisfactory background screening, negative drug test, positive references and proof of identity and legal authorization to work in the United States and for TTI are required.
Native preference applies
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veterans status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or any other status protected by law
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org