The Communications & Community Intern supports the Communications & Community Manager in our goal to deliver continuous and outstanding service and products to stakeholders in the cancer community, including ECCO member societies, its Patient Advisory Committee and our partners. He/she is interested in gaining first-hand experience in a dynamic and fast-paced marketing and policy communications environment. The working language at European CanCer Organisation (ECCO) is English.
- Work with the Communications & Community Manager and Policy & Advocacy team to implement the marketing and policy communication plans;
- Coordinate the creation and distribution of marketing collateral such as newsletters, e-blasts, website content, advertising, social media content, or other communication tools;
- Together with the other members of the Communications & Community Team, come up with fresh, innovative ideas for both formats and contents of communication tools;
- Responsible for keeping promotional materials updated and maintaining relevant web pages;
- Research, identify and follow-up on potential partners for barter exchange of services to promote and enhance exposure of ECCO activities;
- ECCO event collateral planning and follow up;
- Advertising planning and follow up;
- Work with external suppliers;
- Follow-up/report on communication status for specific projects.
DESCRIPTION OF THE RELATIONSHIPS
- Reporting to the Chief Executive and, on a day-to-day basis, the Communications & Community Manager;
- Close collaboration with the Policy & Advocacy Team;
- Close collaboration with the Operations & Projects Team,
- University degree in Communication and PR, marketing, political science, social science, journalism or any related disciplines preferred;
- Strong analytical and communication skills – fluency in English, with proven writing skills; knowledge of additional languages is desirable;
- Must be able to work independently, think critically and have excellent organisational skills and attention to detail;
- Be a team player with a strong work ethic, able to follow internal and external workflows with precise deadlines;
- Enthusiastic and positive with excellent inter-personal skills, who enjoys supporting colleagues and taking on additional tasks and responsibilities as required.
PROFILE & EXPERIENCE
- Currently enrolled in an graduate degree programme with a university or other higher education entity;
- Computer and internet literate;
- Additional educational qualifications, experience in policy research, interest in EU affairs, and adequate knowledge of one or two more languages are considered assets.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org