Interel is one of the world’s largest independent, global public affairs and association management consultancies. For more than 35 years, our team of over 1,000 consultants in 70 markets has delivered targeted solutions that achieve successful outcomes for our clients worldwide.
Interel’s EU practice is now looking to recruit a Senior Consultant to join our award-winning team in Brussels. The Senior Consultant will be responsible for servicing Interel’s growing portfolio of clients advising them on industrial policy, the skills agenda, product safety and sustainability.
Applicants for the position should fulfil the following requirements:
- University degree or equivalent;
- 4-6 years of relevant professional experience in European Affairs; previous consultancy experience is an asset;
- In-depth knowledge of the EU institutions and decision-making;
- Excellent English, good knowledge of at least one other EU language;
- Ideally should have experience managing client accounts and taking ownership of day-to-day delivery of client projects;
- Willingness and ability to work on a range of different issues;
- Creative self-starter, ability to work in international team;
- Strong communication and presentation skills;
- Good strategic & conceptual capacities;
- Good organisational skills.
- Provide analysis, strategic recommendations and implement client projects taking into account broader business implications;
- Produce written materials, such as monitoring bulletins, policy papers, press releases, presentations, client review, etc. and review work of junior colleagues;
- Design strategic plans on behalf of clients;
- Prepare and execute advocacy programmes and campaigns on behalf of clients and coordinate work of junior colleagues;
- Anticipate client needs and potential problems, effectively linking external developments to client interests, showing understanding of the clients’ businesses and issues;
- Take ownership of deliverables and ensure that client objectives are reached.
Applicants for the position should preferably have worked in or have developed expertise in industrial policy and skills agenda. Knowledge of product policy (including sustainability and product safety) as well as trade would be an asset.
The company offers:
- An exciting job with one of the market leaders;
- A full-time contract with a competitive package (including phone, pension scheme, hospital insurance, luncheon vouchers);
- Varied and interesting assignments;
- A fun multi-cultural and inclusive working environment;
- Access to training and other professional development opportunities.
Candidates are requested to send their CV and a motivation letter mentioning Senior Consultant in the subject line. The deadline for applications is the 25 October 2019.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org