EuroMed Rights is looking to recruit a bright and enthusiastic intern to assist the Brussels office in its advocacy-related work. The internship will start as soon as possible for a period of six months.
Tasks and assignments
The intern will work under the supervision of, and according to priorities set by the Advocacy and Training Officer – s/he will be part of a team headed by the Advocacy Director. The following tasks are to be undertaken:
- Support the Advocacy and Training Officer and the Advocacy Director with the practical and logistic organisation of advocacy activities, including sending invitation letters, setting up meetings, booking hotels, etc.;
- Support the implementation of relevant advocacy activities, including drafting letters and briefing papers;
- Monitor EU, UN activities/calendars relevant to the Euro-Mediterranean region, and inform EuroMed Rights staff and members, e.g. by drafting a newsletter;
- Participate in various meetings, take notes, and prepare meeting reports and minutes;
- Maintain and update the database of advocacy contacts, when relevant in cooperation with the Communication Department.
- University Degree (may be ongoing) in European Studies, Human Rights, Law, Political and Social Science – other degrees may also be considered;
- Keen interest and preferably proven work experience in the protection of human rights, in NGOs dealing with the EU/MENA;
- Fluency in both English and French (oral and written). Applicants who do not match these language requirements will not be considered. Knowledge of Arabic will be an asset;
- Computer literacy in Word (at least basic Excel knowledge is required);
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in writing and orally;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Keen attention to details;
- Self-motivated, well-organised, able to work independently and efficiently under pressure.
If you believe you qualify for this position, please send – by Sunday 20 October 2019 – at: [email protected]:
- Your CV;
- A document (max. 1 page, in English) in which you respond to the following:
- What do you think you can bring to EuroMed Rights, and why?
- Describe a recent experience in which you have played a key role
- What practical steps would you follow if you had to organise an advocacy mission to Italy in three weeks for a delegation of four Tunisian NGO representatives to discuss migration issues?
Interviews will take place on Tuesday 29 October 2019. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org