Representation and Networking:
- Create a strong and visible profile for the organization, as a leading actor in all contacts with representatives of the government, donor agencies and missions, as well as visiting representatives;
- Ensure that relationships and formal agreements with the government are maintained and the relevant government institutions are fully informed about ADRA’s activities;
- Develop and coordinate strategy in consultation with stakeholders.
- Identify new program opportunities in Yemen based on identified needs, prepare assessment missions and reports and develop new projects as resources dictate, in coordination with ADRA Regional administration;
- Support and guide the new business opportunities to ensure programs are designed and implemented in line with ADRA’s policies, quality standard and building on past learning;
- Collaborate actively with ADRA International Business Department (BD) team and network partners to promote development of new opportunities;
- Act as the focal point for Emergency Response
- Ensure staff capacity, organizational structures and program approaches are fit for purpose and able to effectively deliver strategic organizational goals;
- Develop programmatic strategies and operational systems that balance country, donor and organizational priorities and capabilities;
- Make program modifications and/or additions as appropriate in consultation with project stakeholders;
- Ensure proper monitoring and evaluation of program activities.
- Liaise with ADRA Regional Office, ADRA International and ADRA supporting offices and ensure the regular provision of requested information and the communication of major issues;
- Ensure the adherence to ADRA CO policies, procedures and ADRA Regional Office directives;
- Ensure proper maintenance of procurement and inventory systems consistent with donor and ADRA policies and guidelines;
- Monitor and ensure that all administrative procedures are observed and satisfy the contractual conditions laid down in their agreements;
- Facilitate the approval process for issues requiring board or management committee approval;
- Lead the ADCOM, identify all risks and implement mitigating measures.
- Ensure that there is optimal use of financial resources within the organization; managed in a transparent and accountable manner consistent with ADRA’s and donor policies, systems and procedures, delivering quality results and demonstrating value for money;
- Ensure effective financial management systems, processes and controls, compliant with good operating standards and the relevant legal requirements in-country and ensure that financial systems and schemes of delegation can be modified rapidly in the event of an emergency;
- Monitor and manage existing legal cases, making decisions that minimize ADRA’s financial, reputational and legal risks;
- Respond robustly to any suspicions or reports of fraud, code of conduct abuses or other infractions, ensuring that ADRA’s policy and procedures on investigations are adhered to;
- Ensure that ADRA CO complies with all relevant national legal and administrative requirements (project approvals, expat work permits, timely payment of all taxes and social security, etc).
- Provide staff care, support and encouragement for all ADRA CO staff;
- Ensure that the National HR Manual and HR policies are in line with organizational and national legal requirements and that all staff are aware of and comply with these.
- Monitor the security situation and dictate security protocols and procedures;
- Advise the country team, regional director and security officer in Washington on all matters relating to security;
- Revise the country security guidelines/manual, including hibernation and evacuation plans for the field. Communicate and implement the guidelines;
- Participate in NGO security meetings, facilitate information exchanges and encourage field-level coordination within the NGO and international community on security concerns or delegate this to the security officer and ensure it is being done;
- Provide security training on procedures/measures to ensure vehicle and passenger safety for the drivers and premises and assets safety for the guards;
- Orient all ADRA staff on security procedures and provide security updates to all ADRA visitors.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org