DI is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) to lead programmatic, operational, and administrative activities of DI's Supporting Political Landscape Program (SPL). The COP will be based in Dhaka, Bangladesh and will report to DI’s Senior Director of Program Implementation. S/he will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day management of all staff. S/he will also provide mentorship and training, as needed, for all staff. Successful candidate must be a development professional with significant international program management experience in Bangladesh or other countries with similar settings, S/he will be the primary interlocutor between USAID and DI SPL program.
The position’s responsibilities will include:
- Provide technical and strategic leadership on all program activities, including matters of budget, compliance, and reporting
- Develop regular reports and ongoing activity monitoring consistent with the requirements of DI’s cooperative agreement with USAID and with internal reporting requirements.
- Manage the preparation and presentation of all work plans, M&E plans, and reports; Collaborate with USAID staff to achieve all program goals
- Serve as technical lead in designing, implementing, and overseeing the aspects of DI’s SPL program
- Represent DI externally at meetings, workshops, and other events; and
- Act as a key liaison with the host country government and USAID offices in Bangladesh and Washington, DC in the areas of oversight, reporting, and compliance.
- Manage a diverse team of project staff throughout Bangladesh, and provide technical assistance, as needed, to program partners, grantees, and beneficiaries;
- Continue to build and lead DI’s dynamic local team
- Approve expenditures and other financial transactions in accordance with DI and USAID policies and practices
- Liaise regularly with USAID, local staff and partners, STTAs, and DI’s home office to ensure that deadlines are met and deliverables are completed and submitted in a timely manner.
- Manage relationships with local partners and government, civil society representatives and international donor representatives.
- Masters degree or higher in international development, political science, management, or other relevant field;
- 10 years of experience in project support and oversight, including managing programs in transitional or developing environments, managing teams, grant-making, and budget oversight;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with USAID and U.S. State Department compliance and reporting requirements as well as a thorough understanding of the USAID and U.S. State Department regulatory environment;
- In-depth familiarity with, understanding of, and ability to successfully navigate within theBangladeshi political context;
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively coordinate with a wide range of stakeholders;
- Professional fluency in English is required.
Please submit your resume and cover letter. We will only contact those candidates who best meet our needs. No phone calls or additional emails please. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. This position is open to both expatriates and Bangladeshi citizens.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org