Second Nature is committed to accelerating climate action in, and through, higher education.
We do this by mobilizing a diverse array of higher education institutions to act on bold climate commitments, to scale campus climate initiatives, and to create innovative climate solutions. We align, amplify, and bridge the sector’s efforts with other global leaders to advance urgent climate priorities.
Manager of Cross-Sector Climate Action
Exciting opportunity to assist in Second Nature’s emerging cross-sector climate work and manage a network of research institutions known as the University Climate Change Coalition (UC3). Reporting to the Senior Manager of Climate Programs, the manager will work across the Second Nature team with project management responsibilities for UC3 and support for Second Nature’s cross-sector initiatives.
Accessibility to Second Nature’s Boston office is strongly preferred, but remote work may be considered for highly qualified candidates.
Serve as Second Nature’s network manager for the UC3 and support Second Nature’s other cross-sector programming (e.g. resilience). These responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Facilitate, align, and support ongoing efforts among the UC3 liaisons and member institutions.
- Develop resources that support the strategy of the UC3.
- Oversee internal group communications and meetings with assistance from the Cross-sector Climate Programs Coordinator.
- Support external public communications efforts of the UC3 campuses in coordination with Second Nature’s communications team.
- Assist with distribution and compilation of relevant tools and materials to maximize impact and connections between UC3 members.
- Develop evaluation and measurement standards for UC3’s success and provide content for annual reports and progress updates
- Cultivate external partnerships that can support the work of the UC3 and cross-sector initiatives (e.g. climate resilience).
- Serve as support staff for Second Nature’s cross-sector climate print materials, etc. in support of Second Nature’s cross-sector climate initiatives.
- Provide guidance to Commitment Signatories engaged in cross-sector climate resilience planning.
- Bachelor’s degree in urban planning, public policy, climate / environmental management, international affairs or a related field is required. Master’s degree or higher preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience working climate-related and/or deep carbon reduction projects preferably with cross-sector stakeholders
- Passion, understanding, and commitment to the organizational mission of a
- ccelerating climate action in, and through, higher education
- Demonstrated ability to align and empower network participants to act together on an emerging climate initiative preferably with the academic community
- Experience translating technical information into broadly accessible resources
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability for strategic thinking and innovation
- Experience with graphic design software, Wordpress, and online communication platforms a plus
This is a full-time, salaried position. Compensation will commensurate with experience. A competitive benefits package is provided. Application deadline is November 1, 2019.
Second Nature is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on any of the following: race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or gender characteristics, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Women and Minority candidates are encouraged to apply for this position.
Please submit a resume and cover letter here. Please direct any questions to [email protected]
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org