The Peacebuilding Support Office of the Department of Political and Peacebuilding Affairs (DPPA) has established a Humanitarian-Development-Peacebuilding Partnership (HDPP) Facility to support UN country teams and peace operations to develop their partnerships with the World Bank, in line with the 2017 UN-World Bank Partnership Framework for Crisis-Affected Situations.
The HDPP Facility aims to help “UN programmes and projects [to] leverage partnerships and increase impact in efforts to build resilience of the most vulnerable people, reduce poverty, enhance food security, promote shared prosperity, and sustain peace”.
This will be done through grant financing to Resident Coordinators, Agencies, Funds and Programmes and peace operations seeking to establish and implement joint frameworks with the World Bank in crisis-affected situations. Joint frameworks can be sectoral, operational or strategic and should identify joint priorities or outcomes against which the UN, WB, and other partners, will leverage available instruments and financing to achieve greater impact across the humanitarian-development-peace (HDP) nexus. Such frameworks should be integrated into the overall programme portfolio of both the UN and World Bank, as expressed through sectoral or strategic planning, to ensure complementarity and synergies are leveraged to scale-up results across the HDP nexus.
The Programme Manager is supervised by the Portfolio Manager, will receive guidance from UN-World Bank Partnership Adviser and will:
● Monitor the implementation of the UN-World Bank Partnership Framework for Crisis-Affected Situations through an annual report.
● Coordinate, collate and synthesize reporting and lessons learned documents for the HDPP facility and donors.
● Liaise with relevant officers in the Humanitarian, Development and Peacebuilding Communities at UN HQ ahead of grant approval and when offering technical and advisory support to UN operations
● Support field level UN colleagues in grant development through advisory and technical support on UN-World Bank partnership.
● Organize meetings of the UN-World Bank Working Group Steering Committee for Crisis-Affected Situations.
● Liaise with working level World Bank colleagues regarding grants, mission support and strategic priorities for the partnership.
● Prepare background documents and talking points to the Assistant Secretary-General for Peacebuilding Support on UN-World Bank collaboration.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org