The Business Development (BD) Officer works with the VP to develop new business opportunities with companies, universities, third party recruiters and direct enrollments for J-1 programs. The BD Officer develops and maintains strategic partnerships with U.S., international organizations and universities that are of strategic importance in support of new J-1 programs. The BD Officer assists the Vice President of Professional Exchanges and Legal Counsel with developing departmental strategy and budget.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prospects and develops new corporate business opportunities with large companies in support of business development goals
- Identifies and approaches new potential strategic customers
- Researches new third-party recruitment partners; assists in their vetting and training, and serves as an additional point of contact
- Suggests new strategies for direct participant recruitment
- Develops partnerships with U.S., international recruitment organizations, universities and immigration attorneys to achieve assigned strategic account objectives
- Facilitates and conducts webinar presentations for new companies, attorneys, and direct recruits; speaks at conferences and trade shows; prepares and submits proposals for speaking engagements
- Strategizes and prepares content for proposals, partner agreements and Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs) in collaboration with the Vice President
- Travels in support of Cultural Vistas at conferences, trade shows, special events:
- Represents Cultural Vistas by speaking during sessions and interacting with attendees at conferences and trade shows, as well as coordinating follow-up with prospects
- International travel as required to facilitate program implementation and provide orientation program to participants
- Monitors sales performance metrics and prepares weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports and forecasts in Salesforce
- Creates, tracks/monitors KPIs of direct participant recruitment
- Communicates with major clients on a regular basis, suggest solutions and innovative ideas to meet client needs, and responds to specific queries
- Emphasizes the cultural exchange aspect in all representations of Cultural Vistas programs
- Develops and maintains an advanced knowledge of J-1 visa regulations and Cultural Vistas policies in order to properly represent Cultural Vistas to clients and while representing Cultural Vistas at events
- Develops and maintains industry knowledge by seeking out educational workshops, classes, and related publications
- Takes a proactive approach to improve business functions and workflow within department
- Works in accordance with the mission, goals, values, and strategic direction of Cultural Vistas
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Strong understanding of business development and project management processes and best practices, including prospecting, cold calling, negotiating, and networking
- Strong understanding of marketing techniques and technology offerings which would aid in the recruitment of direct participants
- Deep understanding of third-party recruiters (onboarding, training, and ongoing relationship management)
- Strong leadership qualities, proactive and collaborative with the ability to serve as an effective role-model
- Demonstrated ability to take responsibility for multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize workload, remain organized, and make decisions in a fast paced, deadline- driven environment
- Strong critical thinking skills, problem-solving skills, and analytical thinking ability
- Advanced presentation and written/verbal communications skills; prior experience presenting webinars via Zoom preferred
- Ability to effectively handle ambiguity by creating focus and direction for oneself
- Ability to work efficiently with minimal oversight while providing management, guidance, and support to others as needed
- Ability to interpret and apply concepts quickly
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with supervisors, colleagues, external stakeholders, and people of all backgrounds
- Honest, direct, and transparent communication regardless of the message
- Ability to seek and use input from peers when necessary before making decisions
- High level of concern for providing exceptional customer service
- Commitment to professionalism and professional development
- Interest in and commitment to the mission of Cultural Vistas
- Knowledge of J-1 visa regulations a plus
- Foreign language skills a plus
Computer Equipment and Software Experience Required:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite products, Skype, SalesForce, Zoom required.
- Additional CRM tool experience desired.
Education and Experience:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree a plus.
- Years of Experience: 3 to 4 years of previous business development or sales experience in corporate or non-profit organization; account management, partnership development or client relations preferred. Prior international and/or educational experience a plus.
Physical Demands of Position:
- Domestic and international travel may be required. Work on weekends, holidays, and evenings may be required.
Please click here to apply.