Eight leading research universities have joined forces to create UNA Europa, a unique alliance aiming to create a truly inter-university environment. The UNA Europa partners are Universitá di Bologna, Freie Universität Berlin, University of Edinburgh, University of Helsinki, Uniwersytet Jagielloński w Krakowie, KU Leuven, Universidad Complutense de Madrid and Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne. In June 2019, UNA Europa was selected by the European Commission to be among the first ‘European Universities’ pilots. The pilot collaborative focus areas of UNA Europa are European Studies, Cultural Heritage, Sustainability and Data Science & Artificial Intelligence.
The partners formally established UNA Europa as a non-profit association under Belgian law (asbl/vzw) on 1 February 2019 to ensure the success and sustainability of the alliance. The objectives of the association are inter alia to promote cooperation between the university partners, to create a culture of excellence in education and research and to contribute to the development of the European Higher Education Area and the European Research Area.
We are now seeking a Senior External Funding Officer to develop UNA Europa’s long-term strategy and associated activities.
Role and responsibilities
- Proactively monitor international developments in EU education, research and innovation policy and funding;
- Provide external policy and funding expertize to the UNA Europa management;
- Contribute to development and implementation of UNA Europa strategy and long-term sustainability goals, including attracting external funding;
- Develop collaborative working relationships with a range of academic and non-academic stakeholders across the partner institutions and externally, including cooperation with policy makers, the private and third sectors;
- Support the development of high quality proposals for external funding;
- Organization of workshops, seminars and events;
- Other relevant tasks relevant for the position.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience in a comparable role;
- Minimum requirement: Master Degree;
- Relevant professional experience in education and research policy at European level and preferably within the international Higher Education landscape;
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills, including contacts at EU policy level;
- A record of achievement in securing funding, with focus on EU funding;
- Experience with external funding sources from other agencies, foundations and the private sector would be an advantage;
- Spoken and written language proficiency in English; other languages an advantage;
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of an international team.
What we offer
- Full-time contract of unlimited duration under Belgian law and attractive salary package in line with experience and skills;
- Additional benefits, including extra-legal holidays, meal vouchers, Group insurance and Hospitalization insurance policies;
- Enjoyable work environment in a newly established international office.
Candidates who wish to apply for the position should submit the following information:
- Application letter, explaining your strengths as a candidate and why you are interested in the position;
- A current CV, no longer than two pages.
Please send your application to Ms. Emily Palmer
Deadline for application: 15 November 2019
Tentative interview date: 29 November 2019
Tentative starting date: Early 2020
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org