Program Administrative Assistant Finance, Middle East and North Africa Office. Amman. Posting Date: 10/21/2019. Deadline: 11/04/2019
Do you want to help make the world a better place with your attention to detail, excellent administrative and record keeping skills? We are seeking a Program Administrative Assistant based in Amman, Jordan to support and assist the Finance Manager.
The Open Society Foundations work to build vibrant and inclusive democracies whose governments are accountable and open to the participation of all people. We are active in more than 120 countries, making us the world's largest private funder of independent groups working for justice, democratic governance, and human rights.
The Middle East and North Africa Program is based in Amman, Jordan, and supports a diverse group of local civil society organizations, research centers, universities, and media organizations across the Middle East. More information about our programs can be found here.
As a Program Administrative Assistant at Open Society, you will:
- Assist the Finance Manager with all related social security and income tax payments, preparation of monthly and year-end financial reports, general ledger, accurate financial tracking, and record keeping of the daily financial activities;
- Review bank statements and all incoming and outgoing invoices for accuracy, and prepare cheques and online bank transfers for signature;
- Administer procurement and logistical operations including quotations, purchasing orders, etc., and maintain an accurate and current purchase order log and inventory list, ensuring all recording is compliant with audit requirements;
- Maintain files and registers and draft routine correspondence on financial matters as necessary;
- Oversee the office petty cash fund.
What we are looking for:
- Over one year of experience in finance and/or accounting-relevant functions;
- Experience with record keeping, budget management, and finance administration and handling confidential issues/information;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
- Attentiveness to detail and ability to work well under tight deadlines, plan and prioritize work, take initiative, and handle multiple concurrent activities;
- Computer skills, especially in MS application, such as Word, Excel, Internet Explorer, and Outlook;
- English language skills.
See what a day in the life of a Program Administrative Assistant at Open Society is like.
Competitive rates of pay apply.
We aim to build an inclusive workforce that is reflective of the populations we support, and actively seek applications from those who are marginalized and underrepresented. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and colleagues with disabilities.