The EBF is seeking to recruit, at a full-time position, a Policy Adviser - Public and International Affairs.
You will plan, organize and implement EBF’s continued cooperation with key stakeholders to ensure the implementation of EBF’s strategic advocacy direction.
- Draft the advocacy strategy of the EBF under the supervision of the head of Legal, Social and International Affairs;
- Coordinate implementation of the advocacy strategy in cooperation with EBF’s advisors, EBF’s Members and the relevant topic expert(s);
- Develop constructive relationships with key stakeholders (EU institutions, with the particular focus on the European Parliament, European Supervisory Authorities, international entities/standard setters, official bodies, other associations) including parliamentarians, EU officials and member representatives;
- Prepare and attend high-level meetings with level policy makers on key issues;
- EBF visibility enhancement through active participation in relevant events, gatherings, seminars, meetings etc.;
- Organise dedicated advocacy/outreach events on key regulatory files (contact with National Banking Associations, identification of dialogue partners, Eurofi, EBF ad-hoc conferences) and dedicated advocacy meetings with relevant MEPs & Permreps. Enhance EBF visibility at EP (MEPs). Organisation of the EBF’s outreach to EU rotating Presidencies.
- University degree in Economics, Law, Political Sciences or any other related field;
- Thorough knowledge of EU public affairs with at least one year of working experience, preferably an EU institution;
- Have an excellent understanding of the EU decision making process;
- Excellent organisational skills and capacity to prepare large meetings, setting out agendas, discussing with experts about relevant content, overseeing the administrative work and taking responsibility on the development of the meeting/event;
- Effective communication and team working skills;
- Excellent influencing skills, persuasiveness and sense of diplomacy;
- Ability to blend the views and inputs provided by EBF members to draft joint position papers in response to public consultations;
- Capacity to adopt pragmatic viewpoints including on the implementation of regulation in credit institutions across EU Member States;
- Excellent writing skills in English;
- Good interpersonal and bridge builder skills and ability to work under pressure;
- Openness to assume responsibilities on a variety of technical matters;
- Strategic and analytical thinking skills in a project-driven environment.
The ideal candidate will show considerable commitment to his/her work, enthusiasm and a positive attitude towards the various projects for which he/she will be responsible.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org