This position will assist senior specialists in providing technical support in one or more of FAS's areas of responsibility: coordinate and implement agricultural and natural resource capacity building and reconstruction and stabilization projects; provide science-based training and technical assistance to policy makers, the private sector, and foreign countries; and/or negotiate and coordinate agreements between USDA agencies and institutions.
- The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Implementing/coordinating/evaluating agricultural technical assistance programs:
- Providing project management and liaison services; providing administrative and logistical support services;
- Designing and implementing policies for USDA international development and technical assistance programs and projects;
- Directing the preparation of cooperative agreements authorizing research projects; negotiating technical assistance projects with funding agencies;
- Developing funding and budget documents and monitoring status of funding;
- Serving as a liaison between USDA and other federal agencies, universities, and the private sector for a wide variety of issues inherent to agricultural trade capacity building projects.
Occasional travel - Occasional overnight travel both within the U.S. and to overseas areas, as required.
Conditions of Employment
- You must be a US Citizen or US National
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be Selective Service registered or exempt
- Subject to satisfactory adjudication of background investigation and/or fingerprint check
- Direct Deposit: Per Public Law 104-134 all Federal employees are required to have federal payments made by direct deposit to their financial institution
- Successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit E-Verify at https://www.e-verify.gov/
- Successful completion of one-year trial period.
- Testing Designated Position: Selectee must submit to a urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment and random testing thereafter. Final appointment and continued employment is conditional on negative results for illegal drug use.
Applicants must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of the announcement, including specialized experience and/or education, as defined below.
FOR THE GS-09 LEVEL: Applicants must have one year of specialized experience (equivalent to the GS-07 level) that may have been obtained in the private or public (local, county, state, Federal) sectors which demonstrates:
- Experience providing administrative and logistical support services;
- Experience working on international capacity building, technical assistance, or training programs, and the like, in the subject areas including but not limited to international/agricultural development and trade, sanitary and phytosanitary issues, agricultural policy, and international agreements.
- Experience performing research and analysis within a larger project and independently handling portions of larger project while serving as a member of a team; and
- Experience working with international partners and stakeholders.
OR master's or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.B. or J.D., if related.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience are qualifying for this grade level.
TRANSCRIPTS are required if:
- You are qualifying for the position based on education.
- You are qualifying for this position based on a combination of experience and education.
- This education must have been successfully completed and obtained from an accredited school, college, or university
COMBINATION OF EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE AT THE GS-09 GRADE LEVEL: Applicants may have combinations of successfully completed education and specialized experience to meet total qualification requirements. The total percentages must equal at least 100 percent to qualify for that grade level.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Please see above for education qualification requirement information.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org